Frequently Asked Questions

My employer garnished my paycheck but hasn't sent the money to the Child Support Office. Is there anything I can do?

Yes. Almost all States have statutes that provide penalties for employers who fail to comply with the laws that govern the handling and transfer of support garnishments. Employers can be fined and may be subject to other civil remedies as well. Check your State Statutes to find out what provisions your State has enacted that apply to employers.