Frequently Asked Questions

My ex is withholding info regarding our children. We have temporary orders stating that I am a possessory conservator. She informed school/daycare officials not to release any info to me or my power of attorney. Can she do this?

No, she can't. The exception is if the temporary orders state that you may not have access to these records. The school can get into trouble if they don't provide you the records you're legally allowed to have. For more information on this subject, please see the article on Obtaining School Records.