Frequently Asked Questions

My ex tried to take the children out of shool without me knowing about it. Is there something I can do about that?

Unless your ex is prohibited by the parenting plan from taking the children out of school, he or she can probably do that. If he or she is legally prohibited from doing this, you can file a contempt charge in court, but it's a lot of time and money for an uncertain outcome. If you're the custodial parent you may be able to get the local police involved, but many police departments won't address this kind of issue, citing the fact that this is a civil matter and not a criminal one.