Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get more time with my child?

Provided you are not barred by a court order, there are several ways to spend more time with your child beyond the minimum in a decree.

  1. Be active in your child's school. Spend lunch or recess with your child. Visit child's class or be a classroom volunteer.

  2. Go to the extracurricular activities of the child. You may be able to watch practices as well as competitions, tournaments, or games. Volunteer as a coach or as an assistant.

  3. Offer to have child when other parent is not available and/or make use of the Right of First Refusal rather than having child spend time at a sitter or daycare.