Frequently Asked Questions

The Child Support office has miscalculated my payments; now they claim I have an arrears! What do I do?

It is, unfortunately, not uncommon for Support Enforcement Offices to miscalculate support payments. The bookeeping practices they perform are often done improperly. Read this article if a State (or privately-administered collection company) incorrectly claims you have child support arrears, or claims an erroneously inflated arrears amount: Challenging Erroneous Arrears Claims.