SPARC Forums

State Message Forums => Washington State Forum => Topic started by: almostastepmom on Jul 08, 2004, 04:51:33 PM

Title: I VERY BIG need of a great lawyer
Post by: almostastepmom on Jul 08, 2004, 04:51:33 PM
Hello there!  We are looking for a "spit-fire", take no prisoners, down and dirty lawyer for WA state.  My SO's crazy (literally) ex is going after him for more money,  about a $1000.00 more a month on top of what she already gets.
We just need someone who will help us get her back down to earth and give this girl a good kick in the pants before things get out of hand.

Title: RE: I VERY BIG need of a great lawyer
Post by: investigator on Jul 08, 2004, 09:36:15 PM
You should call our office at 253-804-0263, Father's Rights Investigations

Look us up at

You may not need an attorney, and if you do we have some very good ones.

Title: RE: I VERY BIG need of a great lawyer
Post by: almostastepmom on Jul 09, 2004, 10:34:52 AM
Not sure if you can help, but let me tell you a short history and what we are trying to accomplish.
Our main goal is not to have to pay this women one more single dime.  She gets enough money already, has a job that she will only work 30hrs a week, and is supporting her jobless, cheating boyfriend who doesn't live with her.  
We would love for the kids to come live with us, but we just aren't sure how to prove that she is an unfit mother.  She leaves the kids with a babysitter most of the time, they go to the swimming pool unattended (there are 10 and 9), during school she would keep them out until 11 or 12 on a school night, she also takes medicine being bi-polar and although we can't prove it, because we live 45min of her we believe that she leaves the kids alone.
Like I said before, don't know what you could do for us, but thought i would run our story by you.
Title: RE: I VERY BIG need of a great lawyer
Post by: investigator on Jul 09, 2004, 03:13:01 PM
Sounds like you need to start documenting all this. And I mean times, dates, specific info.
It is very hard to change primary parent from mother to father. If you can prove she is leaving them alone at night, you can call the police in for a welfare check. Enough of these and you have a chance, if you have the documentation to go along with it.
We can do surveillance when she leaves them alone and/or dumps them at the babysitter or swimming pool.

You may be better of trying to miminize your child support payments, you don't need an attorney to do that.

We do a half hour consultation for free. May be worht a trip to Auburn.
Title: THe ex can holler all she likes, but without a change in circumstances..
Post by: 4honor on Aug 05, 2004, 07:39:04 PM
she is just blowing smoke up your hiney.

I have a good attorney in Everett, but she only works in that county, or on one case in Whatcom and she is $220 an hour. However, she managed to get us past the "threashold" to sue for custody in "Mommy Country".

BTW, DH and I got a REDUCTION in CS on our own of $130 a month.

Child Support Modification Advice Follows **********
MAKE SURE HE IS USING HIS 401K plan if offered at work, it will decrease his "income" for purposes of CS.

Does the  order go through the WSSR? Then you can request a hearing at the state's cost. You go in with his information and whatever info you have on her... if she is not working full time and there is no reason she shouldn't, (like she has significant medical appointments she has to take your chiild to) you can get the court to find she is capable of full time work at her current rate and base the CS order on that = decreases his pro-rata share.

Does he pay medical insurance premiums? even through witholding at work? don't forget to get that added as a credit to him and ask for her to be responsible for getting insurance at her cost TOO.

Does he have other children? have him ask for a deviation on that basis.

Is there considerable travel involved? get her financially responsible for half, or ask for a credit for the gas and wear and tear on your vehicle if you must do all the driving.

Does the ex provide clothing for visitation? if not, ask that she be responsible to send clothing or provide clothing or get a credit for what you provide.

These issues were all addressed when we went to court in Whatcom Co.
DH gets a $30 credit toward insurance/medical cost each month.
BM provides all clothing for all visitations
BM and DH do 50/50 on the driving
There is a deviation from the guidelines because of dh & I's 2 other children
And all that money she doesn't pay taxes on to Uncle Sam, cause she can write it off under her business... well it was still considered income by the WA State DA at the hearing.

DH's child support for a teenager is $300 a month and this year we will make $75K, how do you like them apples?
Title: RE: THe ex can holler all she likes, but without a change in circumstances..
Post by: investigator on Aug 05, 2004, 09:26:35 PM
Very good info on the administrative child support hearing process.  I can't think of anything to add.
Just be cautious if BM gets an attorney.
Title: RE: I VERY BIG need of a great lawyer
Post by: dukadan on Aug 10, 2004, 10:48:59 PM
I think the best family Lawyer in Seattle is Mary Weschler. She is not cheap but the Judges do respect what she says.  
Title: This was us and our documentation against BM and her Attorney.
Post by: 4honor on Aug 11, 2004, 09:27:24 AM
And we still got everything we wanted, including $250 a month until SS turned 13, though it usually gets a guidelines raise at age 12.

Her atty saw the 2 binders and the 12 page spreadsheet and could not wait to settle.