SPARC Forums

Main Forums => Father's Issues => Topic started by: ziadavis on Sep 10, 2008, 02:40:05 PM

Title: Unlawful Adoption
Post by: ziadavis on Sep 10, 2008, 02:40:05 PM
I am writing from Bermuda.  My husband has fathered a child with a woman in Florida.  She has informed him that the child has been born and that she has placed her completed the adoption process.  My husband was not aware that this had been done and wants to gain custody of the child ASAP.  He is willing to get a paternity test, however the mother is insistent on not providing information about the adoption.  We realize that this is a time sensitive process; can you help us with this?


The mother’s name is Holly Hathaway and the baby’s first name is Vada, she was born either this  month or last month as a premature baby, perhaps in the St. Johns County area.
Title: Needs to get a lawyer!
Post by: Ref on Sep 14, 2008, 05:25:27 AM
This is very complicated. I think the best chance he has is to get a Florida lawyer that specializes in Father's Rights and/or Adoption.

It is a terrible thing that happens to unwed dads too much. A friend of mine had this happen to him when he was a teenager and still hasn't recovered from it.