SPARC Forums

Main Forums => Father's Issues => Topic started by: Fueledbyjava on Oct 25, 2008, 07:41:26 AM

Title: Harrasment
Post by: Fueledbyjava on Oct 25, 2008, 07:41:26 AM
My STBX is harrasing me at my place of employment for support. There is no court order pertaining to custody of our child or ordering child support. I currently have physical custody of my child EOW for one week at a time, 2 weeks a month. I also pay for all childcare costs and the mortgage on our family home which she move out of earlier this year due to her affair and wanting to live near her new boyfriend and away from me. She works full time and has never asked me for anything, just went stright to my employer and started complaining. Now it is stressful and difficult for me at work as they are pressuring me to give her money. i have tried to hash out custody visitation through the court earlier this year, they assigned a GAL, interviewed, and nothin since. Court is next year. Any help would be appreciated.
Title: RE: Harrasment
Post by: ocean on Oct 25, 2008, 01:38:23 PM
You can get a restraining order for her not to call your job. You could get a police report next time she calls work and have it documented. Do you have caller ID at work to prove it is her? See if work will be willing put into writing the amount of phone calls. Then you take the police report and go to the court house and ask for a restraining order. This can be done in family court. Do you have a lawyer? They could go back and ask that all communication be through e-mail or through your cell/house phone. Or have your lawyer just call her and see if that scares her into not calling?
It would depend on the amount of phone calls...Are you court ordered to pay child care and the mortgage? What is she asking you to pay for extra?

Title: RE: Harrasment
Post by: hagatha on Oct 25, 2008, 09:50:57 PM

I would first explain to the employer that since there is a pending court date to resolve all custody and support orders any money you give her would be considered a gift and when court issues are resolved would not count towards the order. And the court is aware of the support issue and has decided not to award interim support.

Second I would have your attorney file for a restraining order stating her continued harrassment of your employer could cost you your job and if this hapens you will be seeking not only child support but spousal support. Then file for the RO.

Remember . . . KARMA is a Wonderful Thing!!!!!

This is a game of cat and mouse.. to win, you must become the DOG!
Title: RE: Harrasment
Post by: thomson2008 on Oct 27, 2008, 01:41:58 AM
Harassment, the act of systematic and/or continued unwanted and annoying actions of one party or a group, including threats and demands. The purposes may vary, including racial prejudice, personal malice, an attempt to force someone to quit a job or grant sexual favors, apply illegal pressure to collect a bill, or merely gain sadistic pleasure from making someone fearful or anxious.
Alcohol Rehabilitation (           
Title: RE: Harrasment
Post by: Fueledbyjava on Oct 28, 2008, 11:38:36 AM
   I do have a lawyer and she has e-mailed my supervisor and called them. I am not ordered to pay anything. I pay the mortgage because I cannot sell the home as both our names are on the mortgage. I don't even know waht she wants they are just trying to get me to pay her. The prob. is that I am in the military and they actually listen to her.
Title: Re: Harrasment
Post by: forego101 on Nov 05, 2008, 07:49:04 PM
If you know she is going to  someone at your place of employment, whether it be email, calling, writing or going there in person, first aplogize (even though it is not your fault) and you do not need to go any further other than writing either your manager/officer or HR dept. that your ex is a major inconvenience to you and she has no proof of points of being there other than harass you; your employer should kindly let her know she is disturbing the peace and conflicting in a professional environment and they ask her to leave; if she refuses, a call needs to be put into law enforcement, whther it be local police or the base's MP.  She is just trying to pull our leg and embarass you.
Your employer shouldn't be discussing anything to her as you are the employee, unless you've authorized them (IN WRITING) to discuss personal issue with her about your employment. Have your atty. file a temporary restraining order against her, hopefully it can be issued until she cools down.
Title: Re: Harrasment
Post by: MothersGetARawDealToo on Nov 10, 2008, 07:30:04 PM
Can you show who ever is listening to her the entire mortgage bill  and daycare bill that you are paying every month that she is responsible and the document with your next court date listed on it?  It is silly for them to listen to her.  She is getting off very lucky with what you are paying while she is working full time!!  Your employer should realize that if they can see it on paper.  Good luck! Dang!  Where are the amicable divorces?  I am so jealous of the ones who have one!