SPARC Forums

Main Forums => Custody Issues => Topic started by: BestMom on Jul 23, 2005, 11:55:06 AM

Title: Who to call???
Post by: BestMom on Jul 23, 2005, 11:55:06 AM
If my ex is threatning that "your gonna receive notice in 3 or 4 days to appear in court" for child custody.  (He has psychiatric problems and refuses treatment so he is probably bluffing just to get me upset and is just lying as usual).  Is there someplace I can call like the clerk of courts to see if he has filed anything?  He's wanted nothing to do with us for 8 months and I am supposed to be moving out of state in 2 weeks so I want to be prepared to take a trip back after moving if he did indeed file something.  Does ANYONE know?  I have to find out as soon as possible!
Title: RE: Who to call???
Post by: IceMountain on Jul 23, 2005, 12:04:32 PM
Does your state have a website to check court records online?  I can follow the filings in my case by visiting the court website, so you might want to try that.

I'm not sure how helpful calling the clerk of courts will be.  I've only called ours once to find out what was in an affidavit and was told that I had to contact my lawyer and have my lawyer contact my ex's lawyer to find out.  My lawyer just went to the courthouse because my ex is pro se.