SPARC Forums

Main Forums => Second Families => Topic started by: lizzy on Dec 23, 2009, 01:30:47 PM

Title: Part-time father
Post by: lizzy on Dec 23, 2009, 01:30:47 PM
Got a question. My ex is doing it again. Only getting the kids when It suits him. It's been two months now and no phone calls, and no getting the kids. The last time he talked to his son, he hung up on him. This is not the first time he's done this. What can I do legally about this? Can this be a good reason to get full custody of my kids? I tried before and was told I didn't have good cause. Some advice would be great. He is suppose to get them this wknd, christmas, and no call or anything.
Title: Re: Part-time father
Post by: CuriousMom on Dec 23, 2009, 05:46:51 PM
It's frustrating but I would start keeping track of each day he has custody and just say show or no show.  If he shows document pick-up and return times.  If there is any contact/conversation document accordingly so you have it for future reference.  I wouldn't spend the time or money going back to court to try and get full custody since he isn't using what he has now.  It's sad for your children, though especially during the holidays.
Title: Re: Part-time father
Post by: lizzy on Dec 23, 2009, 07:33:08 PM
Ive been keeping track of everything from day one. I'm tired of my kids being s*** on. It just sux that they have to suffer because he wants to be a part-time father. He has been on unemployment for the last 2 1/2 years. Thats disgusting. He hasn't even tried to find a job, obviously. I get child support, my woppin 69 dollars a month, guess I should just be happy I get anything at all. I just wish he'd give up totally so my fiance will be able to adopt them when we get married. My oldest wants my fiance to adopt them. I just want my kids to have a good life and a father who is there for them all the time and not part-time