SPARC Forums

State Message Forums => Georgia State Forum => Topic started by: AlmDna on Jul 26, 2011, 06:19:56 PM

Title: From Georgia with love?
Post by: AlmDna on Jul 26, 2011, 06:19:56 PM
I've currently moved to Atlanta, Ga. from New York State and would like to continue to pay my child support. The courts in Atlanta, Georgia suggested a possible hearing over the phone or going back to New York State to have the payments modified and continued. Has anyone been in this situation or have any legal suggestion I'm really trying to stay in Atlanta while trying trying to put my best foot forward? (
Title: Re: From Georgia with love?
Post by: Kent on Aug 07, 2011, 07:58:15 PM
I assume your child is still living in NY.
So you will need to file for a modification in CS in NY, in the jurisdiction where the child lives.
If you are looking at a downward modification, you will have an uphill battle.

Besides the amount modification, how are you currently paying? Why not continue to utilize that same method?