SPARC Forums

Main Forums => Custody Issues => Topic started by: neutron11 on Sep 03, 2011, 11:12:50 PM

Title: new boyfriend moving in
Post by: neutron11 on Sep 03, 2011, 11:12:50 PM
So BM, after hardly three months, lets the new boyfriend move in with her (one more on the list of relationships but the first to actually move in with her). My husband (BP) learned about this through a third person, BM hasn't told us about this new relationship and that this guy is living in her apartment. She has only one bedroom and SS has been sleeping with BM in the same bed. She might have a small mattress in the bedroom for him, though. My husband is concerned about this situation because the boy has been recently mimicking kissing and other actions with male and female toys. My husband and I are concerned that they are having sex in front of him (or while they think he is sleeping). Can we do something about this? Any help will be appreciated. We are doing a parenting evaluation at this time so we would like to bring up the issue.
Title: Re: new boyfriend moving in
Post by: ocean on Sep 04, 2011, 05:24:53 PM
Nothing really you can do about the boyfriend unless there is a stipulation in the original papers about overnight guests. Really, it would be nice to know that someone else is living there but she does not legally have to tell you. Just like you can do whatever in your house. The bed issue is something that should be brought up to her and to parenting coordinator.

Where does she say baby sleeps now? How old is this child again? CPS requires own bed, not own room in most states.
Title: Re: new boyfriend moving in
Post by: neutron11 on Sep 07, 2011, 11:21:53 PM
Thanks so much, Ocean. It's what I thought. The child used to sleep with BM in the same bed but I  guess after the parenting evaluation started, she bought a little mattress and has it next to her bed. That's fine with us. What we are really concerned is about having another guy sleeping in the same room (and possibly same bed) as child (he is 4). Anyways, we will bring the issue up with parenting evaluator and see if something can happen. We would rather have child sleep in his own bedroom as in our place but we know we can't control that.