SPARC Forums

Main Forums => Father's Issues => Topic started by: Heston on Jan 30, 2012, 01:37:35 PM

Title: BM continuing to succeed in causing serious problems
Post by: Heston on Jan 30, 2012, 01:37:35 PM
Hi, I've posted before on this issue concerning my daughter and the BM.  The BM had got a "counselor" twisted around her little finger and got my daughter to lie to her, so the counselor could repeat the lies in court without it being considered hearsay and to a large extent it worked.  But the judge did order that the child see a PHD.  Due to the BM's further contempt it took four months and another court appearance to get my child to a PHD.  The BM (surprisingly) agreed to the PHD I had chosen.  I picked someone I thought would not be so easily duped.  A totally different sort of person.  Well, what has happened is, the BM has duped this PHD to the extent that the PHD refuses to see me or listen to anything I have to say.  I had assumed that both parents would visit the PHD and explain things from their own perspectives.  I have compelling evidence of what has been going on, which I won't go into detail about here.  But the PHD refuses to see me or listen, even though it is my child too, and even though I picked this PHD.  If this continues, the child will be told to lie to this PHD, in fact she probably already has.  And the BM will get a qualified person to testify this time, to the same sort of thing as the other counselor paroted.  The BM is a classic narcissist and is totally convincing, true to type.  I would have thought qualified psychologists would be aware of this characteristic and be open to speaking to the other parent incase the first parent was a narcissist, as obviously the psychologist may not recognize that one parent is a narcissist immediately.  I have to pay 50% of the psychologist fees - a 50% contribution towards my own sabotage and demise!  This is a nightmare situation and I have to find some way to overcome this for the sake of my child's welfare.  Any ideas or suggestions on how to handle this would be much appreciated.
Title: Re: BM continuing to succeed in causing serious problems
Post by: ocean on Jan 30, 2012, 01:46:56 PM
Will dr make an appointment for just you? If not send a registered letter stating that the court ordered counseling for child to deal with the situation and that want to set up an appointment. (If you have documentation that can be included in the letter, I would put that in there too- current court orders, any other evidence (careful what you give this person will be shown to BM but to tell your side of things), pictures of you and child happy together. Also, ask for a copy of all records for child as you are a bio parent and entitled under law for all medical records (attach birth certificate naming you as the father).

Try not to put mother down in letter, just facts and a date to get back to you with their availability of an appointment to go over further background in the past so your daughter can have a healthy childhood with both her parents involved in her life. Offer to meet alone or with child.

Title: Re: BM continuing to succeed in causing serious problems
Post by: Heston on Jan 30, 2012, 02:10:12 PM
This dr refuses to see me at all in any capacity.  I guess I could ask for records of visits and perhaps will be given them.  And I could send pictures of my child happy when with me.  I will try these suggestions and see what happens.  Thank you.
Title: Re: BM continuing to succeed in causing serious problems
Post by: Kitty C. on Jan 30, 2012, 09:28:51 PM
If it is court-ordered, then the PhD MUST see you.  The Doctor is under court-order, too.  You might have to inform him/her that they could be held in contempt if they fail to uphold what they were contracted to do for the court.  If you have another court date coming up, make damn sure that the judge is aware of what the idiot is failing to do....
Title: Re: BM continuing to succeed in causing serious problems
Post by: Heston on Jan 31, 2012, 02:46:58 AM
Yes it was court ordered with this phd being named specifically.  I will try a reasonable letter first and if necessary, remind the phd it was court ordered if she continues to refuse to see me.  The phd was ordered for the child not the parents, but I would have thought that each parent should see and speak to the phd at least once, to express their concerns, which is what I need to do, especially now.