SPARC Forums

Main Forums => Visitation Issues => Topic started by: Webber on Mar 11, 2005, 08:15:39 AM

Title: Advice on visitation Issue.
Post by: Webber on Mar 11, 2005, 08:15:39 AM
     Its been over a year since I have seen my son with out a supervised therapist, I orig. went to court naive thinking my wife and I would work things out. But she had different plans in mind and I ended up with just supervised visits for the past year. I think the therapist is taking advantage of the situation as I am paying him a $100 a visit at least every other week. I have gotten the forms to modify the visitations and am getting ready to send them in. I plan to attach about a dozen character references from friends and family with it. It should be noted that the therapist had sent a letter to the court requesting the visitations be changed so I could see my son outside of his office for a hour a visit, but I would still be paying the therapist. The court said he could not request a modification of the  visitations and sent me the forms to do so. Any advice that could help me get normal and better visitations with my son would be a great help.

Thanks in advance..
Title: RE: Advice on visitation Issue.
Post by: wendl on Mar 11, 2005, 09:23:19 AM
1) get an attorney
2) if you don't get an attorney do your research
3) make sure to file and serve the paperwork properly
4) why are the visits supervised currently

**These are my opinions, they are not legal advice**
Title: RE: Advice on visitation Issue.
Post by: joni on Mar 11, 2005, 09:28:49 AM

Get an attorney!  YOu'll be in this loop forever as long as the CP continues to nonsupportive of your relationship with your child.

Why did you have to have supervised visitations?  How old is the child?
Title: RE: Advice on visitation Issue.
Post by: gipsy on Mar 14, 2005, 01:47:18 AM
read through My other post they explain the Guardian ad Litem system , And or just go propose a parenting plan to the court , You have to have her served ,one copy to the court ,one copy for you , If she BALKS , Here in wash state they use Guardian ad litems , READ MY OTHER POSTS ,If the therapist recomends unsupervised visits I would file that letter with the court ,
 Interview at least five attys and get one that tells you the basic process of what is done [usuall]