SPARC Forums

Main Forums => General Issues => Topic started by: StPaulieGirl on Mar 02, 2004, 09:41:46 PM

Title: Edwards Drops Out Of The Race
Post by: StPaulieGirl on Mar 02, 2004, 09:41:46 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/03/02/elec04.prez.main/index.html

God help us.
Title: No kidding..........
Post by: Kitty C. on Mar 03, 2004, 09:28:50 AM
Like I told you before, SPG.  Something about Kerry just doesn't set well with me and I think Edwards would have a better shot at defeating Bush than Kerry.  And after you posted that info on Kerry's 'military career', it just makes me that much more uneasy.

And even if Edwards became his running mate, I don't know if it would change my mind.  Looks like it's gonna be another general election where I'll be forced to vote for the lesser of two evils.  I HATE that........
Title: RE: No kidding..........
Post by: richiejay on Mar 03, 2004, 09:47:53 AM
I ALWAYS find it be the lesser of two evils....
Title: RE: No kidding..........
Post by: StPaulieGirl on Mar 03, 2004, 12:38:46 PM
Well more and more vets are speaking out about Kerry's "inaccuracies", but I don't know if it will do any good.  Inquiring minds would like to see his medical records to know  how you can pick up 3 Purple Hearts in a 4 or 5 month tour of duty, without  any lasting physical damage.  

I read last night that Hillary now supports Kerry.  Interesting how she stood on the sidelines and waited until the nomination was clinched.  

My son in law is a conservative Democrat, and I've been passing information about Kerry's anti war activities and also printed out that article about Edwards, because no one knew a darn thing about Edwards.  When I told him last night that Edwards had dropped out, I also mentioned that the medals that Kerry tossed over the White House fence weren't even his.  It was a publicity stunt.  My son in law was raised conservative, and he was an Eagle Scout.  He looked a little sick hearing that.

I know he doesn't want to vote for Bush, but Kerry scares me.  He is quoted as saying that he would like our troops under the UN.  I don't think so!  I'm not going to get into an argument with him about it, unless Kerry picks 'she whose name cannot be mentioned'.  Then I'll scream like a scalded cat!

So now the speculation of who he will pick for running mate starts.  I have two major problems with Bush.  The big one is the illegal immigrant legislation, the other is that blasted "No Child Left Behind" BS.  However, I will vote for him.  He has a lot of good points going for him.  Ask our new Haitian cheerleading squad ;-)

I hated voting for Arnold instead of Tom McClintock, but I did it :-(
Title: why is it then
Post by: joni on Mar 04, 2004, 12:55:34 PM

that the other democrats dropping out of the race are NOT endorsing Kerry?  That speaks volumes to me.
Title: RE: why is it then
Post by: StPaulieGirl on Mar 04, 2004, 01:22:35 PM
I don't know why they haven't jumped on the bandwagon.  I believe that Edwards said something towards Kerry's candidacy when he dropped out.  It's too bad that he didn't get enough support.  Edwards seems like a decent guy.

Title: RE: No kidding..........
Post by: richiejay on Mar 04, 2004, 08:53:09 PM
" He has a lot of good points going for him" ?????
 I don't see it beyond the dozen or so he doesn't have going for him.  The new 9/11 ads pushed me over the edge on this guy.  He is using the fear of the American people for his political gain.  "Look how I responded after the 9/11 attacks"..  It happened on YOUR watch moron!!! Then he blames the Iraq "misinformation" on intelligence reports.  Well, why aren't these guys getting fired.  They gave bad information right? Enough bad information where HUNDREDS of kids are getting killed.  Frankly, I don't buy it.  I think he is lying about all of it.  
 Oh, did you know he is trying to privatize air traffic control, too?  The people that screen your luggage are now federal workers, but those darn air traffic controllers (who unprecedently landed EVERY airplane on 9/11 in under 2 hours....and worked the northest blackout without so much as a hiccup)...they don't deserve to be under the federal umbrella any longer. Do you want your airplane in the hands of a private business as opposed to the federal government?  Throw in that he has spent more money than any president EVER..that the deficit will be larger than any other time in History, that nearly every other country in the world now views us as arrogant militants.  And that's only what he has done in the past three years.  If he's elected again, maybe he can continue to add to the list....
Title: RE: well this is going to be interesting
Post by: StPaulieGirl on Mar 05, 2004, 12:33:19 AM
If it hadn't been for Clinton blowing off the first World Trade Center bombing, the OKC bombing, the USS Cole, and the embassy bombing, then ignoring THREE OFFERS to get Osama Bin Laden....there might not have been a 9/11.  Oh wait, he did respond!  He deployed a couple of Cruise missles and nailed an aspirin factory....not because he was concerned about our security, he got busted with Monica!

Bill Clinton knew about Bin Laden and Al Qeda, and didn't give a shit.  George W inherited not only Clinton's appointees, but also 8 years of malfeasance from Clinton's watch.  Of course he's going to trust intel, because he didn't know the how deep the problems actually were.  You're right, they all should be fired.  Many of us don't understand why George W. didn't fire every single Clinton employee when he took office.  

So what if he's going to privatize air traffic control? I remember when Reagan fired their asses.  Are you an air traffic controller?  On one hand you're complaining about how much money the Bush administration has spent, then complain when he wants to privatize a small part of the government.  The only countries who view us as arrogant militists are France and Germany.  Cheese eating surrender monkeys and unrepentant anti semites.  Ohhh noooo, they're mad at us!  We know who our allies are.  Great Britain, Spain, Poland, Australia, and Japan, just to name a few.

So I guess you'll be voting for John Kerry.  Whatever....

Btw, I can back up the Clinton stuff.  Just say the word...
Title: RE: well this is going to be interesting
Post by: richiejay on Mar 05, 2004, 08:34:29 AM
I love people like you...blame someone else for what happened...don't take any responsible.  "Hey, it wasn't MY fault.  The guy before me screwed up".  Oh, yeah..that goes real far.  As far as air traffic control...maybe you don't care.... but you might when you are on one of the planes that crashes.  Yes, I'm complaining when he wants to privatize a vital government-inherent job but then spend millions on the TSA.  That makes sense.  Get rid of the ones that have a bottom line of safety.  Bringing up Reagan "firing their asses" makes sense too.  Because that, of course, is relevant in this discussion.  NOT!!  Do you have the knowledge to back that up?  I think not.  My message was about George W and his moronic, inept presidency and you come back with Bill Clinton stuff.  That makes sense.  Sounds like you need to let go of the past....
Title: I love it!
Post by: oklahoma on Mar 05, 2004, 12:33:31 PM
My husband has been saying the exact same things for months!!  We live in an ultra-liberal wanna-be mini-Berkeley town.  Especially on campus, my husband is faced with fools who spout off on so many issues, without any facts to back them up.  He is very well-informed and gives the facts to those who may be lacking.

I personally think the greatest thing Bush has going for him is that if he says he will do something, you know it will happen.  Even if you don't agree with what he says, at least you know where he stands and that he will follow through--more than what you can say about most politicians......

BTW, the past is VERY relevant to the present and the future.  To say otherwise is complete ignorance.  I personally visit this website because what my husband did in the past (marrying his ex-wife) intensely affects my present and future.  It's not an excuse, but it is a way to understand things and to try to improve.
Title: RE: I love it!
Post by: richiejay on Mar 05, 2004, 12:43:40 PM
while the past may be relevant..if your husband said he had an affair on you because "my ex wife was such a jerk"....he is using that as an excuse..I was not saying it wasn't important (the past)...but with relevance to current job performance it's apples and oranges.
Title: RE: well this is going to be interesting
Post by: StPaulieGirl on Mar 05, 2004, 12:57:06 PM
Yes, and I love people like you who can't follow a timeline.  

Let me give you an example:  Say you buy a house that has hidden defects.  The person who sold you this home  knows that there are problems that will be very expensive to repair in the future.  This person deliberately misinforms you as to the true condition of the home.  Several months down the line, you realize that you bought a home that is falling apart for whatever reason.  That isn't important, my point to you is whose fault is it?  Yours, because it's your home, or the person who used to own it, but ignored the defects and covered them up?

I hope that example wasn't too complicated. Bush inherited many dangerous defects from Clinton, in case you can't figure out what the point of the story is.

As for the air traffic control issue, what's the big deal about who is employing them?  Reagan fired them because they went on strike.   Their strike was more dangerous to the airways then Bush moving to privatize this industry.  You didn't answer my question on whether you are an air traffic controller, or not.  I think you are, and that is relevant to this issue.  I am very much in favor of a small Federal government.  The smaller the better.  I want to see them out of everything that they've stuck their noses into.  

You have a right to believe anything you want about President Bush, and the job he's done so far.  I also have a right to inform you that you are wrong on a few points.

On a final note, remember that those that forget the past are doomed to repeat it...

Title: You asked for some proof? Right from the horses mouth!
Post by: StPaulieGirl on Mar 05, 2004, 01:02:37 PM
This is a campaign ad put together by a person over on Free Republic.  He goes by jmstein7.  

There is a rare audio tape of Clinton ADMITTING to passing on the offer of Bin Laden to the US.  Click the link and listen to the tape and check out the pics of the terrorist attacks against us on Clinton's watch.

   
http://www.streamload.com/jmstein77/bushad3.asf

Any more questions about who dropped the ball?  
 
Title: RE: You asked for some proof? Right from the horses mouth!
Post by: richiejay on Mar 05, 2004, 01:11:06 PM
Nice to know that you think our current president has ZERO responsibility in things that happen in our nation.  And, no I didn't ask for proof about anything to do with Clinton.  I merely stated that George W. was using the response to 9/11 as a campaign ploy and I was disgusted by that.  
On a different note..if you start a new job, and the previous person in your position hands you a bag of shit, does that make him culpable of the performance, or you?
Title: RE: well this is going to be interesting
Post by: richiejay on Mar 05, 2004, 01:12:56 PM
SPG your ignorance is just overwhelming...
Title: RE: I love it!
Post by: StPaulieGirl on Mar 05, 2004, 01:23:17 PM
Bush has  moral convictions, and does follow through.  He's got a lot on his plate right now, and he can't please all of us.  I'm praying that that illegal amnesty guest worker proposal goes straight into the circular file, however.  

Some politicians, like Maxine Waters, simply make me want to weep.  She's up on her hind legs accusing us of kidnapping President Aristede, and toppling his government.  You and your husband remember what happened the last time Haitians tried to get rid of him?  Clinton sent in our troops and quelled the rebellion, and put Aristede back in power.  This guy is a thug, and Jesse Jackass wants us to give him asylum.  Ughhh!  


That's why I come to this site.  I've learned a lot about the damage that these issues cause kids.  I want to prevent more damage to my kids.  Also it's opened my eyes to the abuse people suffer at the hands of the judicial system and government.

Title: RE: You asked for some proof? Right from the horses mouth!
Post by: StPaulieGirl on Mar 05, 2004, 01:43:15 PM
All I'm saying is that George Bush is not responsible for the terrorist attacks that happened on 9/11.  Those were made possible by the sheer ineptitude of Bill Clinton.  Bush hadn't even been in office one whole year, and we've got Heinous saying, "what did Bush know, and when did he know it"?  Of all the self serving, pathological lying politicians out there, Hill and Bill take the cake.  

George Bush is responsible for his actions, just like every other president before him. He is not responsible for the callous disregard for our national security, that the previous administration had.  You did ask for proof and I gave it to you.  I don't sit around debating people without the ammo to back up my statements.

Why shouldn't Bush use the response to 9/11 in a campaign ad?  He responded in a huge way, and most of us are grateful for his actions following the worst attack on our soil in America's history.  How can running for reelection on one's record be a disgusting ploy????  He kicked ass and made us feel a little safer in a suddenly scary world.


On a different note..if you start a new job, and the previous person in your position hands you a bag of shit, does that make him culpable of the performance, or you?

[p]That's the problem with accepting a position that was formerly held by an incompetent idiot.  You'll spend a good amount of time cleaning up that person's mess.  Once that mess is cleaned up, you will be judged on your own performance thereafter.
Title: RE: well this is going to be interesting
Post by: StPaulieGirl on Mar 05, 2004, 01:44:21 PM
SPG your ignorance is just overwhelming...

[p]I'll take that as a compliment ;-)
Title: RE: I love it!
Post by: Peanutsdad on Mar 05, 2004, 05:02:11 PM
Richie,

I have a question for you. Are you a vet? Have you served this country Richie?

Have you been in uniform under any presidents Richie?

I have. I was in uniform under Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr., and Clinton.

Carter wanted to be politically correct and insisted on a multiservice task force to rescue the Iranian hostages. It failed and resulted in a clusterfook because RADIOS werent tuned alike between the services.
The military was at its smallest in modren history and unable to meet any mission.

Reagan began the revamping of the military. We still undertook missions we were ill prepared to take. We lost men I knew and cared about . BUT, the funds for TRAINING were coming thru and suddenly we were becoming a professional force again. In some cases we learned by dying.

Under Bush, we once again became a force to be reckoned with. In international competitions, our troops once more were among the best there is. Our snipers and recon troops consistantly placed in the top catagories.  The emphasis began to shift towards military tools to keep soldiers alive and accomplish the mission. The naval fleets ruled the seas, modernized and able to take the tasks assigned.

Under Clinton, we watched in frustration as terrorists attacked our embassys and ships and citizens and we were not allowed to strike back.  We KNEW where they were , Clinton KNEW where they were and we were not allowed to stop them. Not once.


So,, you dont like Bush Jr using 9-11? You dont like Bush Jr actually layin the smack down on terror? Are you a Bin Ladin sympathizer? You like seeing American citizens dead? Maybe the poor terrorist is just misunderstood? You want to have a intelligent discourse with the terror groups? Go right ahead, perhaps you will distract them long enough for my guys to kill every last one of the sonsabitches. THAT my friend is the only thing they understand. Violence. Pure unrelenting violence. They dont want to negotiate, they dont want to turn the other cheek. They want to kill YOU Richie,, and everyone you know. If it werent for guys like ME, you Sir, would be dead.

Did we have bad intelligence in Iraq? Yup, probably so. Do I fault Bush for ousting Saddam? Not one bit. Nor,, if you ask the people he terrorized and oppressed, do they.

How about the afghans? Not one regret there either. How many terrorist attacks have American citizens suffered since we did these things Richie? How many buildings in our country have been blown up Richie?

Whether you like to accept it or not, this IS a war. It is in no way like any previous war, it is not country vs country, it is civilization vs terror.

Before you even go to how it was that we created this monster with past policies of supporting Bin Ladin and Saddam and every other 2bit dictator thru the CIA with training and funding,, lets look at the realities of TODAY.
Regardless of the how and the whys of the past, the reality is,, TODAY, these men wish nothing more than to kill large numbers of American citizens in as horrific a way as they can devise. The ONLY logical answer to that is to kill them and kill anyone who follows, harbors or supports them. Kill every last mothers son.

So long as Bush Jr is willing to do that, I support him in any way I can.
Title: RE: I love it!
Post by: richiejay on Mar 05, 2004, 09:30:11 PM
Blah, Blah, blah PenisDad
Title: RE: I love it!
Post by: Peanutsdad on Mar 06, 2004, 04:08:41 PM
LOL!!!

I knew it.


No way in hell you have ever done a damn thing for your country,, in fact,, you sound french now Richie.

Is this how you handle issues you know you have absolutely zero knowledge on Richie?? You resort to name calling? Dont care for people who DO have a bit of charactor to show others yours is seriously lacking eh?


You see folks,, the standard answer for someone suffering from cranialrectal inversion like this liberal popinjay is to tell you that either A,, your ignorance is overwhleming( a standard answer when they have absolutely no intention of pulling their head out),, or B,,,, they resort to flat namecalling.

When their pie in the sky liberal views are shot down by people grounded in reality that throw facts at em,, they simply cannot stand it.

But,, thats ok,, its his RIGHT in this country to be a self deluded fool,, just as its my duty to protect his right to be one. God help him if me and others like me arent vigilant in protecting his right.
Title: RE: I love it!
Post by: richiejay on Mar 06, 2004, 05:35:23 PM
>LOL!!!
>
>I knew it.

By your responses you know everything.  Wonder why you're on this site if you know so much.  Bet you have the same responses toward your ex.
>
>No way in hell you have ever done a damn thing for your
>country,, in fact,, you sound french now Richie.
 
 Now I could get into details, but frankly Mr Penis you are completely wrong.  Not only have I fought for my country, I continue to be a civil servant for this government.  What response to the fact that you are COMPLETELY wrong do you have to that?
>
>Is this how you handle issues you know you have absolutely
>zero knowledge on Richie?? You resort to name calling? Dont
>care for people who DO have a bit of charactor to show others
>yours is seriously lacking eh?

The name calling started with you..and the Richie bit every other line.  As far as what you call character..maybe if you showed some I might have some respect for what you say.  But you are a know-it-all, you jump to conclusions and formulate opinions based on a narrow minded view.
>
>
>You see folks,, the standard answer for someone suffering from
>cranialrectal inversion like this liberal popinjay is to tell
>you that either A,, your ignorance is overwhleming( a standard
>answer when they have absolutely no intention of pulling their
>head out),, or B,,,, they resort to flat namecalling.

 I never claimed I was liberal, just didn't like Bush.  There is a difference.  I could email you the definitions if you like.
>
>When their pie in the sky liberal views are shot down by
>people grounded in reality that throw facts at em,, they
>simply cannot stand it.

Oh, yes..you are so right again.  I can't stand it.  I'm so afraid of you..and those "facts" that you throw at me...
>
>But,, thats ok,, its his RIGHT in this country to be a self
>deluded fool,

You shouldn't be THAT hard on yourself penis

, just as its my duty to protect his right to be
>one. God help him if me and others like me arent vigilant in
>protecting his right.
Title: RE: I love it!
Post by: Peanutsdad on Mar 06, 2004, 08:35:03 PM
Well gee RICHIE,, if you didnt want us to address you as RICHIE,, why did you choose the handle?

As far as your derogatory term for me,, nowhere do I see in my profile nor posts using the term penis as you have for me.

I'll take it as a compliment that you feel the need to try to insult me.

Quite frankly, it doesnt take anyone with more than average intellect and education to see the lack of ability and charactor you have already displayed. But Im glad you think I have superior mental abilities to you.


I have absolutely no trouble believing you are a "civil servant". So how long have you been sucking off the public tit RITCHIE? It explains why you wouldnt like to see air traffic control in the public sector.

As far as facts RITCJIE,, StPaulie was the one that tossed those out for your reading pleasure,, to which,, you responded with insults.

Cya fool.

Oh,, btw RITCHIE,, try getting a real job,, you know,, one where you actually have to worry about your performance for your raises. As in....private sector?
Title: RE: total crap
Post by: StPaulieGirl on Mar 06, 2004, 09:52:41 PM
Penis.  That is just SO intelligent.

You're a product of modern education and broken families.  You have my condolences...now get over it and grow up.  

One more thing...don't ask us grown ups to provide facts, then ignore the evidence in front of your eyes.
Title: RE: total crap
Post by: Madrone on Mar 06, 2004, 10:46:50 PM
While you are correct that Richie's "penis" comment  was out of line and juvenile, I imagine the attack on his intelligence and honor by you and Peanutdad probably put him over the top.

 You've been happilly trotting out your anti-Kerry posts over and over again, and when someone posts an alternate view you blew up. Just like your leader, you can't tolerate dissent. I think Richie isn't the only one that needs to grow up. I won't even get into Peanutsdad basically calling him a terrorist supporter and the "french" comment - ridiculous.

 By the way - your "Clinton did nothing" post has been debunked by snopes.com, as well as your "Kerry's service is fishy" post somewhere below.

 You've been shilling for freerepublic since you've been here - the same website that had a member photoshop a picture of Kerry standing at a podium w/ Fonda, then send mass email it all over the web.  Also ridiculous.

 If you have such difficulty respecting opposing views I would suggest you keep your political postings over on freerepublic where you can preach to the choir. Myself, and many other americans do not agree with your stance - tis the beauty of living in America, unless I missed the memo stating I am now living under the United States of StPaulieGirl.
Title: RE: total crap
Post by: Peanutsdad on Mar 07, 2004, 01:55:26 AM
>While you are correct that Richie's "penis" comment  was out
>of line and juvenile, I imagine the attack on his intelligence
>and honor by you and Peanutdad probably put him over the top.

Call a spade a spade. So long as it was frank open debate, it was ok. Richie called the tune on intelligence digs,, I just danced to it.





>
>
> You've been happilly trotting out your anti-Kerry posts over
>and over again, and when someone posts an alternate view you
>blew up. Just like your leader, you can't tolerate dissent. I
>think Richie isn't the only one that needs to grow up. I won't
>even get into Peanutsdad basically calling him a terrorist
>supporter and the "french" comment - ridiculous.

Ridiculous? Perhaps so,, in your opinion . I see his way of thinking as fostering an environment conducive to brazen acts by terorists. People like him are Bin Ladens best friends.



>
> By the way - your "Clinton did nothing" post has been
>debunked by snopes.com, as well as your "Kerry's service is
>fishy" post somewhere below.
>
> You've been shilling for freerepublic since you've been here
>- the same website that had a member photoshop a picture of
>Kerry standing at a podium w/ Fonda, then send mass email it
>all over the web.  Also ridiculous.
>
> If you have such difficulty respecting opposing views I would
>suggest you keep your political postings over on freerepublic
>where you can preach to the choir. Myself, and many other
>americans do not agree with your stance - tis the beauty of
>living in America, unless I missed the memo stating I am now
>living under the United States of StPaulieGirl.

I believe I stated in my posts,, you have the right to believe as you please, and the will have that right protected by myself and others like me.
You have the right to think me ridiculous,, and whats REALLY hilarious,, is you keep that right by the force or arms that me and my brethren provide.
Title: RE: I love it!
Post by: richiejay on Mar 07, 2004, 04:07:44 AM
>Well gee RICHIE,, if you didnt want us to address you as
>RICHIE,, why did you choose the handle?

It's not the handle, Mr. Perfect, it's your condescending use of it
>
>As far as your derogatory term for me,, nowhere do I see in my
>profile nor posts using the term penis as you have for me.

It's called humor, Tough Guy...and though it isn't written....I somehow see it in your posts.
>
>I'll take it as a compliment that you feel the need to try to
>insult me.
>
>Quite frankly, it doesnt take anyone with more than average
>intellect and education to see the lack of ability and
>charactor you have already displayed. But Im glad you think I
>have superior mental abilities to you.

So you decide to be frank, now?  I was beginning to wonder when you would start doing that.  
>
>
>I have absolutely no trouble believing you are a "civil
>servant". So how long have you been sucking off the public tit
>RITCHIE? It explains why you wouldnt like to see air traffic
>control in the public sector.

My work as a civil servant is VOLUNTEER, moron.  And the reason I don't want to see air traffic go to the public sector has to do with safety.  Yes, even safety for guys like you.
>
>As far as facts RITCJIE,, StPaulie was the one that tossed
>those out for your reading pleasure,, to which,, you responded
>with insults.

She tossed out "facts" about Bill Clinton that put all responsibilities on him and none on Bush.  The insults came later.>
>Cya fool.
>
>Oh,, btw RITCHIE,, try getting a real job,, you know,, one
>where you actually have to worry about your performance for
>your raises. As in....private sector?

Again, jump to conclusions. You haven't got a clue as to what I do (my friends are the controllers), but your narrow mindeness seems to serve you oh so well.  
Title: RE: total crap
Post by: richiejay on Mar 07, 2004, 04:12:21 AM
>Penis.  That is just SO intelligent.
>
>You're a product of modern education and broken families.  You
>have my condolences...now get over it and grow up.  

I can't get over the fact that your lack of education is so evident and makes you just one sheep of the millions.  Maybe you should just start thinking on your own.......
>
>One more thing...don't ask us grown ups to provide facts, then
>ignore the evidence in front of your eyes.

Whatever SPG...you have so many posts but so little to say...provide facts that are relevant and whole, not some self-serving diatribe about blaming Bill Clinton for your lot in life.
Title: RE: total crap
Post by: Madrone on Mar 07, 2004, 10:53:40 AM
<<>>

 I don't know you well enough to think you ridiculous, or not. Your comments, however, were.  I suppose the quickest way to end a debate with someone that doesn't toe the "party line" without actually considering what they are saying is to call them a terrorist sympathizer and suggest they enjoy people dying by terrorist acts. That, sir, is unfair and not what America is about.

 I have many friends and family members that have served, and are serving in our military.  Many of them were in Vietnam, and have seen war from the front lines. Most of them do not agree with you.  I'm not sure why you think all military personnel are of single mind, but I assure you they are not. I would imagine they are pretty evenly split, much like the rest of America.

  This is why I wish politics were not mentioned on this board.  It is a very devisive subject, on a board where we should all be united to fight for fathers and their rights to their children.

 
Title: RE: total crap
Post by: StPaulieGirl on Mar 07, 2004, 01:46:05 PM
I started posting Kerry articles while Edwards was still in the running.  Many people here are young, and heard a lot of propaganda as far as the Vietnam war.  I think as Americans, they deserve to know the real story.

These are the folks who won't vote for Bush, so why shouldn't they be educated on some facts about other candidates?  I don't know whether Bush can't tolerate dissent, but I know he won't tolerate terrorism.  I posted a link that featured a rare audio tape of Clinton admitting that we were offered Bin Laden but he didn't see the need to get him.

"French" is an adjective in popular venacular these days.  

By the way - your "Clinton did nothing" post has been debunked by snopes.com, as well as your "Kerry's service is fishy" post somewhere below.

[p]  You're right, Clinton sent a few cruise missiles and hit an aspirin factory, coincidently while the impeachment process was in full swing.  As far as Kerry's service record goes, it stinks like seven day old fish. Oh, btw did you know he served in Vietnam?

You've been shilling for freerepublic since you've been here - the same website that had a member photoshop a picture of Kerry standing at a podium w/ Fonda, then send mass email it all over the web. Also ridiculous.

[p]Well on that score, you could also say that I shill for SPARC over on Free Republic ;-)  Yes that was some picture.  Work of art.  This guy does some amazing work.  I used to have a pic of Hill, Janet, and another woman knocking back bottles of Colt 45, watching a table dancer.  It was a hoot!  

I certainly do respect opposing views.  That's why I post Kerry stories.  Unfortunately Edwards dropped out of the race, because he was a gentleman who wasn't too far to the left, imo.  Too bad the Republicans for Sharpton campaign never took off.  Go ahead and vote for whoever you feel would make the best president.  You're not reading the posts objectively.  Why are my posts causing you such discomfort?


Title: You brought up an excellent point
Post by: StPaulieGirl on Mar 07, 2004, 02:01:30 PM
About politics and why you feel they shouldn't be mentioned on this site.


This is why I wish politics were not mentioned on this board. It is a very devisive subject, on a board where we should all be united to fight for fathers and their rights to their children.


Who has the power to change the status quo?  Politicans!  Character counts, as we all come to realize eventually.  We need strong leaders who will clean up the mess in the courts.  We need to start at the local levels in our communities, and support and elect people who will come down on the side of fairness and decency in all areas.  Sounds easy, but it isn't.  This is also directly related to the character issue.  Many politicians will tell you exactly what you want to hear, but not mean a word.

The issues on this board can be directly related to politics, and the character of politicians.

I have many friends and family members that have served, and are serving in our military. Many of them were in Vietnam, and have seen war from the front lines. Most of them do not agree with you. I'm not sure why you think all military personnel are of single mind, but I assure you they are not. I would imagine they are pretty evenly split, much like the rest of America.

[p]Most of them don't agree with me/pd on what issue?  Hey here's a fun word association quiz.  

Jane Fonda.

Now seeing her name, what was the first thought that popped into your head?

If it was anything but traitor, please move to France....(remember "France and French" are now adjectives) )(
 


Title: RE: total crap
Post by: StPaulieGirl on Mar 07, 2004, 02:05:13 PM
Whatever SPG...you have so many posts but so little to say...provide facts that are relevant and whole, not some self-serving diatribe about blaming Bill Clinton for your lot in life.

[p]I merely pointed out that the terrorist threat was ignored on Bill Clinton's watch, and that Bush inherited the problems.  I also provided proof.  You of course have a right to your own opinions.
Title: RE: total crap
Post by: Madrone on Mar 07, 2004, 03:02:29 PM
>These are the folks who won't vote for Bush, so why shouldn't
>they be educated on some facts about other candidates?

  Education on facts is great, if they are really FACTS. Speculation, propaganda, and misinformation do not apply.

 It's also helpful to post the negatives on EITHER side - instead of trying to frame the debate to favor your side exclusively. There are 2 issues you do not agree with GWB on, you've stated. There's a lot more going on that bothers many of us than those 2 issues. The misinformation used to get us into Iraq (there was a poll a few months ago that showed 70% of people believed Saddam was directly involved in 9/11, and it WAS spun that way for awhile), the outing of an undercover agent, the fact that until 9/11 Bush didn't give 2 shits about terrorism, that he told the FBI to back off of investigations into the Bin Laden family and the Saudis, that he's not being forthcoming in the 9/11 commission - etc.


>"French" is an adjective in popular venacular these days.  

 Actually, it's a pejorative, and it's only popular amongst those of the 'with me or with the terrorists" mentality that would like nothing more than to breathe new life into mccarthyism.


>[p]  You're right, Clinton sent a few cruise missiles and hit
>an aspirin factory, coincidently while the impeachment process
>was in full swing.  As far as Kerry's service record goes, it
>stinks like seven day old fish. Oh, btw did you know he served
>in Vietnam?

  Clinton (whom I disagree with on MANY issues) did more than send a "few cruise missiles to an aspirin factory." He tripled the federal budget spending on terrorism, he caught and brought to justice the perps of the first WTC bombing, for example, that happened one month after he took office (all without pointing fingers and blaming Bush, I might add) - all while fighting a republican controlled congress that ridiculed him for trying to make the fight against terrorism a priority.

 As for Kerry - I suggest you do a search on Snopes.com for "Kerry Fishy" for a refutation to the letter you posted in another thread.

 Of course, I am well aware Kerry served in Nam. Are you aware GWB did not?

> Yes that was some picture.
>Work of art.  This guy does some amazing work.  I used to have
>a pic of Hill, Janet, and another woman knocking back bottles
>of Colt 45, watching a table dancer.  It was a hoot!  

 It's a "hoot" when it's not used as propaganda to sway people to your line of thinking.  

> You're not reading the posts objectively.

 I am most definitely reading your posts objectively. That's due to my own knowledge and opinions, not due to the objectivity (or the lack thereof) contained within your posts.

>Why are my posts causing you such discomfort?

 I wouldn't go as far as to call it "discomfort" - but your true colors, if there was any doubt beforehand, came shining through when someone posted an alternate view and you freaked out by attempting to reframe the debate. You didn't read or give any consideration to what the poster said, you immediately accused him of asking for proof (he did not) and then telling him he needed to "grow up" and stop asking for proof, then refusing to look at what he asked for.  Instead of addressing the question asked, or the statement made, you immediately started screaming "Clinton!!!" while pointing your finger away from GW.  I understand old habits die hard - but that tactic certainly does nothing for intelligent people trying to determine the real story beyond the propaganda presented to us daily. It also does nothing to solidify the "personal accountability" argument.
Title: RE: total crap
Post by: Peanutsdad on Mar 07, 2004, 04:28:33 PM
McCarthyism?

You tag and bag most of the men you knew who were killed in a truck bomb. You wander thru the rubble and try to match parts of men up and tell me I suffer from McCarthyism.

Tell the families of our embassy staff who were killed its McCarthyism. How about the sailors of the Cole? Their families? Their children?

How about the survivors of 9-11? The orphans? The families?

That isnt propaganda. It's americans dead by the hand of groups who want nothing more than to kill large numbers of Americans in as hideous a way as they can devise.
Compassion , mercy, understanding and debate...they see as a weakness to be exploited.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, the ONLY thing a terrorist understands is total unrelenting violence. The ONLY way to make a terrorist stop is to kill him. To kill him, his companions, his leaders, and any who aid, comfort, train, equip, finance, support or transport them.
McCarthyism was a witch hunt for nonexistant communists. Terrorist exist, they kill without regard, they issue communiques, tapes, videos. Is there any doubt in your mind they exist??That they do in fact plan, order and carry out attacks on Americans?


So long as GWB is having them hunted down, they are not attacking Americans, or American cities. So far as I'm concerned,, any government that harbors a terrorist group, their national destiny is fertilizer.


You wont find a president nor presidential candidate that doesnt have warts,, but you know something? I'll take the one thats hitting back any day.

That isnt "propaganda". It's cold hard fact. Americans have died at the hands of terrorist organizations, we hunt them down and kill every last one we find.


As far as the misinformation used to get us into Iraq. Sorry, but my heart bleeds purple pisswater. Somehow I cant get all choked up about that madman being ousted. It's really too bad that the people of Iraq now have a choice about their government, that they dont get to be tortured, or have entire groups of people gassed out of existance merely for the heritage or religeon.
I have my doubts that Saddam had warm fuzzy feelings for America and planned to turn over a new leaf for his bestest buddies over here.

Title: Oh I just so love a good debate....
Post by: StPaulieGirl on Mar 07, 2004, 04:36:46 PM
Education on facts is great, if they are really FACTS. Speculation, propaganda, and misinformation do not apply.

[p]If the quotes I posted were, as you say speculation, misinformation, and propaganda....perhaps you should take this up with the people who published the information.  I'm just bringing the news to the people.  If you find it offensive, go to the original source.


[p]Adjective, perjorative, it's all good....

[p] You're damn skippy my true colors come out!  I hate how people get away with stuff, while the small fish (you and I...and everyone else here) end up eating it.

[p]My final answer to this, is that Bush inherited the problems of the Clinton administration.  I couldn't post enough info proving this to change your mind.