Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - worriedinmd

Pages: 12 3
Custody Issues / grounds for change in custody
« on: Dec 27, 2009, 05:22:16 PM »
My ex is taking my child to visit/stay with a man with a criminal record for assault. Is there anything that I can do or do I just have to pray that he is safe. We have 50 50 right now

1. start documenting everything right now, daily journal with exactly what you do with your children when you have them.
2. Be as involved as you can, if you're only seeing them every other weekend now the court likes to stick with status quo if it's working.
3. Make frequent appearances at school, extra curriculars, everything that you can. Try to see them daily.
4. Start saving for a lawyer. You will not win a custody battle without one, ask for references so you get a good one, maybe they'll work out a payment plan or something.
5. Quit giving her money, put the money towards your lawyer. If child support hasn't been ordered then don't pay it. If you are paying it then you better be keeping documentation because if you're giving her cash she will still file for back child support and you will get no credit for what you are paying which means you will be paying it twice.
6. I know you wanted to try to work things out amicably but if she has hired a lawyer, you are now at war and you must treat it as such or you will lose!

Custody Issues / Re: violating custody court order
« on: Dec 21, 2009, 09:25:46 AM »
So I need to show up as scheduled and if she doesn't then I can call the police and file a report, then as soon as possible I need to file contempt papers with the court? I'm just making sure I understand. Also, is this something where something will be done about this or is this something that is pretty much allowed by the courts to continue happening unless it becomes  a situation where it is happening very frequently

Custody Issues / Re: violating custody court order
« on: Dec 20, 2009, 04:00:59 PM »
my order says I receive him tuesday after school, thursday after school, friday after school and all day saturday, sunday until 615. It then says that if school is not in session the same schedule shall be followed. So if she doesn't bring him back on a tuesday at 12(which is when he gets out of prek but there's no school due to the holidays). What can I do? Also do I have to use my vacation that week or can I just tell her that she can't take hers that week since the order says it can't interfere with holiday schedule.

Custody Issues / violating custody court order
« on: Dec 20, 2009, 03:31:02 PM »
I live in md, I have 50/50 joint custody. The child's mother is getting nasty and is starting to sway from teh court order. If the mother doesn't bring the child back at the scheduled time/date, what can I do. Can the police be called and a report filed? Or must it be pursued directly through the courts? I am also getting married this summer. The wedding is on a day that is my day to spend with my child. We each are entitled to spend one week of vacation in the summer with our child. I know she is going to try to do something shady to interfere with our wedding and I wanted to know what I can do to make sure she doesn't try to take him that day or use her vacation that week. Thanks for all the help. I can't believe how many times I have had to use this site for problems when The divorce order has only been in place since april

Father's Issues / Re: FERPA
« on: Sep 28, 2009, 07:36:13 PM »
That would be a good idea, like the websites they have in college where you can check your assignments for the next week. I know my school doesn't have one, however if the teacher is prompt in grading papers you can usually tell if your child hasn't turned something in the day after it is due when the teacher puts in the 0 for their grade for that assignment.

General Issues / Re: divorce and pregancy
« on: Sep 28, 2009, 06:44:51 PM »
even if it did have the same last name, your ex would have no rights to the child since it is not his. I would choose whichever name is most convenient and comfortable for you. Your ex is not really a concern as it is not his child

Father's Issues / Re: FERPA
« on: Sep 28, 2009, 06:39:59 PM »
I am a divorced dad but also a teacher so I can see both sides of this story. I would say that it's a little ridiculous to expect a child's teacher to make a copy your child's every assignment so it can be sent to both of you since you can't get along. Almost half of the kids these days come from broken homes so the teacher would be spending at least an hour or two extra each week making copies of all these papers to mail to parents if every parent requested this. What has worked well for me is whichever parent has the child that day after school will look at the paper and help the child with what was wrong, then we will simply send that paper to the other parent's house so they have an opportunity to view it as well.

Custody Issues / Re: modifying custody arrangements
« on: Sep 28, 2009, 06:34:30 PM »
yeah, the location is specified. On school days exchanges just happen at school, like whoever's turn it is picks him up. It's only an issue on sunday evening where we were meeting at at store parking lot. She is now saying that since she moved if I dont' agree to change all this stuff around that she is going to take me back to court and get his school switched(which is unlikely because I'm a teacher at his school) and I am going to have to bring him to some new half way point which is farther from me. This wouldn't be so difficult except for that she has moved 4 times in the past two years and constantly changes her schedule. It's impossible to accomodate it, We would literally have to change things every six months. My feeling is that my schedule is stable so why not just leave it in line with the parent who has the stable situation.

Custody Issues / Re: modifying custody arrangements
« on: Sep 28, 2009, 06:23:28 PM »
Well originally the meeting place was right in the middle of our residences. Since then I have moved closer to be nearer to his school where I work and she has moved about 30 minutes farther away. Would her moving qualify as a good reason for it to be modified?

Pages: 12 3
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.