Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - cinb85

Pages: 1
Chit Chat / Probation Officers for a minor child
« on: Feb 04, 2008, 10:22:57 AM »
Does anyone have experience with probation officers of a minor child.

My DD got herself into a little trouble last October and was put on probation.  We received a letter from her probation officer telling her what her probation conditions are (community service, attending school, etc.).  Isn't the probation officer supposed to call every once in awhile to check in on her?  He has never called.  The letter doesn't state that DD has to call him.  I have called him twice.  The first time it took him 3 days to return my call.  This second time (which was last week), he still hasn't returned my call and it's very important.  My DD is starting her community service today and the place where she will be volunteering needs the PO to fax something to them.  

I'm not getting a good feeling about her PO!

Dear Socrateaser / Statement of Guardianship of minor child
« on: May 25, 2006, 01:14:38 PM »

I have legal and physical custody of our daughter (court ordered).  Father has paid very little in CS over her life (15 years), has never paid any portion of any of her medical bills and has not played an active role in her life.  Father is over $30,000 in arrears to date.

I have written up a will and statement of guardianship.  I have named my sister as DD's guardian if I should die.  

Question:  I know that bio-father can fight it, but where would DD live while the courts are deciding on who her legal guardian would be?  Would she live with my sister (since that's who I named on the Statement of Guardianship) until the courts decide or would they place her with her father until the courts decide.  Father's name is on her birth certificate.  We live in New Jersey.


(I am not asking who you think would get permanent custody of her - that's why I didn't post details about my sister versus my ex.  I just want to know where you think the judge would allow her to live while the courts are deciding who would get custody).

Father's Issues / Maid Marion
« on: Jun 05, 2006, 11:39:26 AM »
Saw your post of Soc's message board.  

Each state is different and you need to do what Soc says and check with your child support office.

I live in NJ and I can tell you that in NJ if the NCP is incarcerated, their CS stops during the time that they are incarcerated.  It also doesn't add up in arrears for the time that they are incarcerated.  My ex was incarcerated for 2 years and our daughter's CS was stopped for that time.  He doesn't owe arrears for those two years.  Not sure that I agree, but can't do anything about it.  My ex got out after 1 year and messed up and violated his probation.  I tried to fight to get the CS for the second year since it was his own fault that he ended up doing two years, but the Judge wouldn't agree.  

Good luck to you.  I hope that your state isn't like NJ!!!

Pages: 1
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.