Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - almostastepmom

Pages: 12
« on: Sep 28, 2008, 08:43:37 PM »
Hi there!  I haven't been on the site for some time now, but wanted to make sure that ALL the people in Washingtong state that are on this site, know about what is going on here in Seattle..... My husband, a NCP himself, got involved with this situation just a couple of weeks ago.  To say it is absolute nonsense would be a very big understatement.

Under the chair of Christine Gregoire a commity has been formed to look into changing the guidelines for child support by the NCP.  They have a website and meet every so often.

PLEASE, take the time to go to their webisite and see what this commity is trying to change... IT WILL DISGUISED YOU!  If you are a NCP, please also take the time to go to this website and help the fight to stop this commity from putting in place the ideas that they are working on..... I AM BEGGING YOU!  NO ONE WILL BE ABLE TO AFFORD NOT TO GET INVOLVED......

Thank you for taking time to read this post.  I am going to try to put it on another site also....

Washington State Forum / I VERY BIG need of a great lawyer
« on: Jul 08, 2004, 03:51:33 PM »
Hello there!  We are looking for a "spit-fire", take no prisoners, down and dirty lawyer for WA state.  My SO's crazy (literally) ex is going after him for more money,  about a $1000.00 more a month on top of what she already gets.
We just need someone who will help us get her back down to earth and give this girl a good kick in the pants before things get out of hand.


Washington State Forum / NEED A DAMN GOOD LAWYER
« on: Dec 01, 2003, 03:00:36 PM »
We are currently looking for a good lawyer for Washington State.  He/she has to be on the fathers side and most be unbelivable at their job.  We are going to need it.

Child Support Issues / Questions for change?
« on: Sep 30, 2008, 01:11:42 PM »
Hi everyone,
  In light of my posting on fathers rights, I thought I would start a post with a very serious question that I hope all of you can help me out with.
If you didn't read my post, it is about a commitee in WA state that has been formed to change the way NCP's pay their child support.  More or less they are looking at every way possible to up the support and make the state and CP's more money.  It is going to very badly hurt all the NCP's that are barely making it now!

So my question is this: What kind of changes would you like to see in the child support area?  Is it they way it is figured out, should it be based on how much time you should actually get with the children, etc...

If you would take a minute and think back to when you had to go through it or are going through it now and think of what just doesn't make sense or what you would like to see changed, I would appreciate it a lot.  If there are people from WA state participating, go to their website and look at the issues they are considering, what would you like to see on there, what do you think about what they are trying to do?

I will be looking forward to reading all of your responses. Thank you!

Child Support Issues / Leaving us in the black
« on: Jun 17, 2005, 09:53:07 AM »
Hi there!  
Need to know if anyone has been in this position before or could give me advice on what to do.... Here is the situation.

FI's ex took him back to court to get more CS.  That day the judge set his income and hers and told our lawyers that a program called circle e would be used to figure out the new CS payment.  Our lawyer imputed the incomes and came out thith three sets of numbers.  This is what the program is suppose to do.

The judge then set a new date, which is today, to have us come back and him decide on what amount he is going to make my FI pay.  The problem is, the ex's lawyer got number higher (WAY HIGHER) then ours.  If the judge uses ANY of her numbers, each month after paying his regular bills and her, he will be in the black each month.....

How can that happen?  

The other thing is that same day, the judge said that there will be no more extra money for day care (kids are school age 10 & 11).  She then turns around and signs them up for all kinds of summer camps (claiming that is her day care) and want us to pay for them.  The kids have never been to summer camps before!  Can the judge make us pay for that too?


Child Support Issues / Where do we go from here!
« on: Jul 06, 2004, 02:44:28 PM »
It's been awhile since I posted, but nothing has changed in our situation.  Let me recap- My SO has 2 kids (D-9 S-10) that live with their mother.  Due to he's job we only get them every 6 weeks for 2 weekends in a row.  He pays her child support and alimony and if you ask me, WAY TO MUCH!  She has always been "crazy" and very careless with her mo, she only works 30 hours a week because she knows that if she works more then that she wouldn't be able to get as much cs from her ex.  
Recently we found a few BIG flaws in the do-it-yourself divorce and child support papers that she wrote up when the got a divorce.  She is asking for more money because she just can't seem to make ends meet now days, and that's because she is supporting her no-good cheating boyfriend without a job.  So she is at my SO throat telling him that he is going to have to pay, pay, pay more money.  
He tried to sit down with her and talk to her about this and all the other crap she is trying to pull on him, but we just got a call today and she is taking him back to court.....
I guess I need to know 2 things.  One, who do I write to in the world of goverment to tell them to pull their heads out and re-write the child support laws and TWO, How do you get a court/judge to see that just because he makes good money and she decides not to get a good job, not to make the current and very up to date and overpaid child support amout to increase.
I have all kinds of legal questions, but it would take forever in a day to write.

Shrink Rap / Looking for advice
« on: Jan 06, 2005, 03:32:02 PM »
It's been awhile since I've posted, but am in DESPRITE need of some advice.  My 9 yro SD is having major issues with me (SM) and I just don't know how to handle it.  When coming to our house, she will be very cold to me for the first couple of hours, won't talk to me, look at me, or responde to anything  I say.  Then if she does she will only say things about her mom and what she gets and does with her mom.  Recently on Christmas we had a BIG blow out with her.  I called her out on her attitude and the way she was treating me.  I asked her if she knew that I loved her, she said no.  Yet I tell her every time I see her, every night when I tuck her into bed and she still thinks this.  I told her that I would NEVER treat someone I loved or anyone for that matter the way she treats me.  She just looked at me and walked off.  We then wrote her mother a letter explaining the problems we have been having with her.  Her mother writes back to only my SO and states that I am the problem with why their daughter acts out and this is not the first time that they have expressed that to him and if he eliminates the problem, me, then their daughter would stop acting out.  To my knowledge the only time they have had a problem with me (both he's kids) was when they decided they didn't like OUR rules of the house.  (brush your teeth, make your bed, clean up your messes, etc...) And the SD acts out towards her father also.  She has been VERY unappreciative lately, as been lying to us, and just being plain rude to us and our family.  What on earth do we do?  I am at the end of my ropes and I have to pick them up from school tomorrow.  HELP!

Dear Socrateaser / Is there such a thing?
« on: Jul 17, 2006, 04:17:58 PM »
HI there...

Washington state
Pierce County

1. SO and I are getting married in September.  Both children (b-12, g-11) are suppose to be in our wedding.  There mother is refusing to let them come because it is not our weekend to have them.  We would like them from Friday to Sunday.  Is there any kind of injunction/paper work that we can file to make sure that they are there?

2. When filing a modification of parenting plan, without a lawyer, what forms must be filled out?


Dear Socrateaser / Stop Move Petition - Part 2
« on: Aug 08, 2005, 09:15:34 AM »
Hi Soc,
  In WA state and emailed you about putting a stop move on my FI's ex wife.  We wanted to keep her from moving due to the fact that SS didn't want to move into her fiancee's (now husband) house.  He wanted to live with us.
 She went ahead and moved, but never went back to court to file for a petition from the court to allow it.  So my question is,

 1. What do we do now?  Do we file something with our lawyer or directly with the courts?

2.  What will happen to her?  Is there any penlty for doing what she has or because she got married before she moved does that make it ok?

Thanks for your help!

Dear Socrateaser / Petition to stop a move
« on: Jun 09, 2005, 03:56:43 PM »
  We filed a petition to stop my SO's ex from moving his two kids into her new boyfriends home.  We did this due to the fact that his son came to us in tears on three occassions stating that he would not move and would become VERY upset when the subject was talked about.  We know she has already started to move their things, even though in her written notice states that she won't move until July 29th, 2005.  
  We haven't heard anything about this from our lawyer and we don't know what to do next... What exactly is the "punishment", if any, if she does move them now?

We are in the state of WA

Pages: 12
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.