Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - Scupper

Pages: 1
Child Support Issues / How to handle
« on: Oct 01, 2014, 02:39:48 PM »
BM ordered to pay CS, plus assessed some arrearages. She is refusing to pay anything and DSS is no help at local county level. I have supplied all information assigned agent will not return a call, when I go there told she is not available. Since BM has moved out of state I have to get this through CSE for collections.

any suggestions on where to start without hiring an attorney? or maybe do this and hope court adds this cost to it as well

Custody Issues / It has been a while
« on: Oct 01, 2014, 02:24:22 PM »
Hello everyone
     It has been a while since I was last on. Score one for the children. I was able to keep all cases in front of same judge. This helped tremendously, although it did increase the time frame a bit. The child involved has went through total h*ll the last four years. In eight months he has managed to come back to a typical ten year old now. It took a lot of perseverance and documentation on my end. Was able to get custody changed. BM is not happy and has decided to move three states away. We now have a plan in place for this as well 7 months later.

Just want to thank everyone who works for this site, the information given here is invaluable and has helped me save my son and get  him back on the right track. Now if BM could just grow up a bit.

Molasses is slow, Justice is even slower it seems.

General Issues / Asking court for Clarification
« on: Apr 18, 2011, 07:23:02 AM »
in NC, does anyone know if it is proper to send a Judge a letter, and CC opposing Counsel, seeking Clarification or Intent on a ruling.
1. Ruling was handed down 3 days ago
2. Written Order and Finding of Facts have not been received or Filed as of time of this writing
The Clarification is needed as the ruling affects the educational location of the child in the action, and there is only 1 week before he is to be enrolled in school. School currently out for spring break.
Thanks and the answers will not be taken as legal advice, just wondering if anyone has done anything similar, or knows if it is considered proper or not.

Custody Issues / The Courts do listen at times
« on: Apr 16, 2011, 07:13:08 AM »
It has been a long time since I posted here going on 11 years my son in this matter is 6 years old (long story which I will not bore you with). Here is a short synopsis of recent events.
PBFH claimed Domestic Violence, was able to get all assets of mine frozen by the courts and a temp primary custody of our son, of course CS and alimony was granted totalling over 60% of my income. Then systematically her and her attorney's began to remove me from my son's life. I have not seen nor spoken to my son in over 5 weeks, although I have attempted to, everything has been documented, PBFH even filed contempt motion against me for breaking the restraining order siting I call her on a daily basis. I filed a compellant motion for exercise of visitation as per court order and restraining order.
Mother motioned the court to relocate out of state and did so after I received a continuance by the Court.
Phone calls would be placed every day around same time to speak with my son. I would follow up with an e-mail, stating I called at xxx and left a voicemail since there was no answer. Kindly have our son contact me, so we can exercise our court appointed visitation.
I had no option but to go to court Pro Se in the civil matters, and custody hearing. Currrently all criminal matters have been dismissed, except the restraining order. We begin expungment of the records next month.
After a 6 hour court hearing week of 4/11/2011, the Judge stated the matters would be taken into consideration and ordered all parties to retun to the courtroom on 4/15/2011. This infuriated PBFH, as she already had her plane ticket to leave the next day.
I am still in shock over the Judges decision, My son comes home this weekend and I have him until Easter Evening, Mother has to relocate back into state where we reside, or primary custody will be granted to me until such time as she can show suitable housing, in this state.
The finding of facts were that the mother's testimony was found not to be crediable, that in fact what she alledged against me was exactly what she had been doing, concerning matters of the child. Her contempt motion was thrown out. The restraining order clarified that parties can contact each other, but neither party is to accuse, harass, or intimdate the other. If child is present with either party, no matters past or present concerning court should be brought up or mentioned. The compellant motion was entered and easter week granted for makeup of visitation. Mother is to or have child answer any call from me, between the hours as specified in the temp order. Failure to do so would result in a bench warrant for her arrest, and primary custody would immediately be granted to father.
The court stated since Father did not ask for custody (DUH, i'm such an idiot), it ruling is joint custody with mother as primary, if and when she relocates back to the area. Until such time father has primary custody.
Good news is that some Courts and Judges do listen, and have the best interest of the child in mind.
execuse me for the length of this, it could be much longer, a lot of detail is left out. Keep up the fight for the children, as your legacy is not what you obtain in life, it is the gift of life you have been granted to mentor.
Lesson: The information on this site is invaluable as a resource.

Pages: 1
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.