Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - norm1960

Pages: 1
Child Support Issues / RE: Child turns 18
« on: Aug 01, 2006, 10:02:42 AM »
He pays the ex wife.   thanks for your quick response.

Child Support Issues / Child turns 18
« on: Aug 01, 2006, 06:49:45 AM »
I need help.  My stepson turns 18 this month.  He failed to graduate frm high school..  His mother refused to take him to summer school or night school, and my son admitted to failing the class to delay his military entrance.  The divorce decree clearly states that my husband will pay child support until the child turns 18 (period).  The divorce took place in 1993 before the ga law changed.  Everything that I have looked up on the internet states the we will abide by the divorce decree or child support order as if it is law.  My husband's ex-wife stated  that we will continue to pay until their son graduates.  Am i correct that we do not have to pay anymore since it is clearly stated in the divorce decree signed by the judge that we stop paying at 18 yoa?    

Pages: 1
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.