Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - cinb85

Pages: 12 3 ... 19
Chit Chat / I really needed him to return my call by yesterday
« on: Feb 05, 2008, 07:11:11 AM »
and I told him that in my message, but he never returned my call.  Luckily I was able to resolve the problem myself, but he doesn't know that!

I STILL need to talk to him, so I am going to call him again this morning.


Chit Chat / I was very specific in my phone message
« on: Feb 05, 2008, 07:08:58 AM »
I told him that I needed to talk to him by Monday because there were some things that I needed him to fax to the child care center where DD would be doing her community service.  He never returned my call yesterday.

We live in a very rural area.  Not sure if the PO is busy, but he might work two counties.  I know that the judges in our area work two counties.  

If I don't hear from him by noon today, I'm going to call again and leave another message asking him to call me back (I will tell him that it is very important that he return my call).


Chit Chat / Probation Officers for a minor child
« on: Feb 04, 2008, 10:22:57 AM »
Does anyone have experience with probation officers of a minor child.

My DD got herself into a little trouble last October and was put on probation.  We received a letter from her probation officer telling her what her probation conditions are (community service, attending school, etc.).  Isn't the probation officer supposed to call every once in awhile to check in on her?  He has never called.  The letter doesn't state that DD has to call him.  I have called him twice.  The first time it took him 3 days to return my call.  This second time (which was last week), he still hasn't returned my call and it's very important.  My DD is starting her community service today and the place where she will be volunteering needs the PO to fax something to them.  

I'm not getting a good feeling about her PO!

Chit Chat / I am curious what the responses will be.
« on: Jan 23, 2008, 02:33:21 PM »
I don't know any deadbeat mothers personally, so I couldn't say.

Hopefully you will get responses.

In my case, the judge is very lenient on the deadbeat dad!  The man ignores his child support for years and they do nothing to him.
I KNOW that's not the case with most dads!

New Jersey State Forum / BAD Fathers
« on: Jan 18, 2005, 09:04:50 AM »
get a slap on the wrist too!!!!!

I am in Sussex County, New Jersey (our case used to be in Morris County).  My ex does nothing for our daughter.  He doesn't even try.  Everytime I go to court, the judge tells me "you can't get blood from a stone"!

It's not really that the courts are biased against men.  The courts only go after those GOOD fathers who are trying their best to pay their child support and do right by their children.  Men like my ex who do NOTHING for their children and don't even try to pay their child support get away with it!!!  My ex is now in prison (for 3 years) because he tried to cash his girlfriend's unemployment check.  He petitioned the court to stop the child support while he was in prison.  It was granted.  He doesn't have to pay any child support for three years (it doesn't go into arrears either)!  I don't get it!!!  His children still eat, need clothes and need medical help while his is in prison.  I understand that he can't pay while he is in prison, but the cs should still add up so he can make it up when he gets out!!!  The whole CS system is unfair to those of us (men AND women) who are taking care of our children and trying to do what's best for them.  Those losers who don't even TRY to take care of their children get away with it!!!

but I don't believe that they are necessarily gender biased either.  

I think that the courts do whatever is easier for them.  It's the person that doesn't pay, doesn't want to pay, and hides that they don't bother with. In your case, it happens to be the woman.

My ex (the man) owes over $34,000 in back child support and they do nothing to collect anything from him.  They don't sentence him to jail the few times that they do arrest him.  They bring him before the judge and he promises to pay only 1 week's child support (even though he owes over $34,000) and they let him go the very same day (just because he made a promise).  then......when he is let go, he NEVER pays the week's worth of cs that he promised that he would pay.

I am so sorry that you are going through this and I can sympathize.

Good luck to you!

Child Support Issues / Check the guidelines for your state, but
« on: May 31, 2007, 11:13:45 AM »
I know that in NJ it is considered income when calculating child support.  The child support comes out of the disability payment.

Child Support Issues / You should be proud of yourself!
« on: May 17, 2007, 11:58:10 AM »
You are doing what is right for your child.  I wish that my DD's father felt the same way as you.  I have recently tried to help my ex develop a relationship with our daughter.  He has had very little contact with her for most of her life.  She recently turned 16 and I asked him to plan a birthday party for her with his family (since she has never celebrated her birthday with his family).  He agreed to it and never followed through.  Her birthday was a month ago and we never heard anything from him!

And now he appears to be missing.  His mother told me that she hasn't seen him for a couple of weeks now (he was living with his mother).

I wish that your ex would appreciate the fact that you are a good dad!

and there's not much that I can do about it.

Child Support Issues / Wow!
« on: May 15, 2007, 11:55:48 AM »
You are right!  I just looked it up.  But.....I claimed my daughter through age 14.  Wonder if the IRS will come after me one day!  Oh well!

Pages: 12 3 ... 19
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.