Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - codysstepmom

Pages: 1
Indiana State Forum / Need Help Mom Wants to Give us Son
« on: Aug 23, 2011, 07:26:07 AM »
I am looking for some help.  My husband has a 13 year old son who has lived with his mom since they split up, they were not married and they have a court order for child support.
The child is 13 and has been giving mom problems.  Mom would like son to come and live with us, effective immediately, and we picked him and his belongings up last night.
She said she is willing to sign whatever we need.  My husband tried to enroll him in school this morning but could not because mom is his legal guardian.  Should we get her to sign over guardianship, then file a modification with the court for custody/child support?
Does anyone know where I could find the forms so we could do the custody change ourselves, without an attorney?
We are in Marion County Indiana and that is where the support/custody case is also.
Please help!!!

Pages: 1
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.