Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - LoveNietzsche

Pages: 1
Undoubtedly this question has been addressed in the forum somewhere, so I apologize for redundancy.

Following an (2004) dissolution (entered Los Angeles, Ca.)  I was rightly responsible for one-half of uninsured medical expenses.

Since 2004 my former wife has not sent a SINGLE NOTICE of payment/reimbursement for medical expenses incurred on behalf of the four (4) children. NOT ONE. Nor has she in twelve-plus years sought judicial relief for any portion of medical expenses at any point--which is interesting to the extent that ‘we’ have over the years sought various modifications/orders and upon each of those respective orders was attached a form of 'procedures for seeking medical reimbursement’ --to be clear, she NEVER brought the issue of unpaid medical reimbursement specifically before the court.

However, she has recently sent by certified mail about 4 pounds of Insurance Explanations of Benefits (no receipts/ checks/payments are contained in the slew of papers related to medical) dating back more than 12 years. Aside from some reference to printed spread sheets she is claiming that I owe in excess of $20,000 in my portion of unpaid medical expenses for the children.

I understand some of language of FC 4602 which addresses the issue--however, $20,000 is no laughing matter for a person of my means and to be honest I am afraid of the legal footing I may be afforded if the hearing turns to a contentious reduction of ‘he said, she said.’

My thought was if anyone knew of or could provide links to examples of cases where the specific issue was addressed concretely I could frame my arguments in a way that was less emotional and more steeped in actual legal practice/experience. 

Pages: 1
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.