Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - mishelle2

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17
Father's Issues / RE: Secrets?
« on: Jan 25, 2006, 11:53:13 AM »
now.. I have 2 stepchildren with 2 different bm (yes I know fun fun fun) both of the mothers tell the kids to keep secrets and when they slip, we just tell them that if its a good thing it shouldnt be a secret,and that there is nothing that we say that cant be repeated, we notice that this relieves alot of stress for the kids as they are not trying to keep everyones secrets straight.... just yesterday my dear stepson told me, gee your not as dumb as my grandma says you are.(bm's,mother.. HATES dh and I(cause shes a control freak who controls every aspect of her daughters life and we will not allow her to control us or our relationship with ss)). I about fell over laughing, I figure kids are pretty smart and if given the right information as to what is right and what is wrong that they will  figure it out for themselves and when there older looking back, it wasnt dad and I who did the secret telling trash talking, therefore no resentment towards us.

good luck

Father's Issues / RE: FERPA Letter
« on: Jan 17, 2006, 08:37:02 AM »
here you go..and theres more on this site.. put in search: access to school and medical records washington state...
When I had problems with school (as bm didnt even put me on records as dad.. she put  her boyfriend,) I wrote a letter stating that I am >>> father, and that I would like to receive copies of all of my daughters records, progress reports and report cards as they become available throughout the year, I stated that I have am aware of the state statutes and FERPA and have been advised that what I am requesting is within my rights as >>> legal parent. I pasted the statute & FERPA on the letter
and said here is for your reference.
I faxed this to the school office and followed up via email, I received all records within 2 days.. via fax in which I seen I was not listed as father, I then in turn sent letter to school that they were to take bm boyfriend off of all records and he is to be listed as emergency contact only. I also offered to fax the school a copy of childs birth certificate to prove who I was.

HOpe this helps.... email me if you need more help

RCW 26.09.225
Access to child's education and health care records.
(1) Each parent shall have full and equal access to the education and health care records of the child absent a court order to the contrary. Neither parent may veto the access requested by the other parent.

     (2) Educational records are limited to academic, attendance, and disciplinary records of public and private schools in all grades kindergarten through twelve and any form of alternative school for all periods for which child support is paid or the child is the dependent in fact of the parent requesting access to the records.

     (3) Educational records of postsecondary educational institutions are limited to enrollment and academic records necessary to determine, establish, or continue support ordered pursuant to RCW 26.19.090.

[1991 sp.s. c 28 § 3; 1990 1st ex.s. c 2 § 18; 1987 c 460 § 17.]


     Severability -- Effective date -- Captions not law -- 1991 sp.s. c 28: See notes following RCW 26.09.100.

     Effective dates -- Severability -- 1990 1st ex.s. c 2: See notes following RCW 26.09.100.

Father's Issues / RE: FERPA Letter
« on: Jan 15, 2006, 07:49:11 PM »
What state are you in, as i have had to use the FERPA law in my situation and most states have similar laws in effect. If you can tell me your state, I will try to find it. As it worked for me, I was even given  the teachers email addresses, so I can check in on daughter often, as she is across country.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.