Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - janM

Pages: 1 2 34 5 ... 40
Are you legally the kids' dad? AOP or birth certificate signed? DNA?
If not, she may be able to get passports without you.
File for paternity, custody, and child support and a restraining order to keep her from moving the kids pending a hearing.
You may have trouble getting full custody if she has been the main caregiver, and without real proof of her unfitness. Even if you did, don't count on getting CS from her.

Custody Issues / Re: What to DO!!!!
« on: Feb 25, 2009, 07:31:42 PM »
If there are court orders, jurisdiction is where those orders are. And if at least one of the parties still lives there. If neither party lives there anymore, the case can be transferred, usually to the child's state.
If there are no orders, it's where the child has lived for more than 6 months.
OP will have to go to court, or have an attorney appear for him, in PA, assuming mom and child live there.

Way to go!! And GOOD for them!!

Chit Chat / Re: Caylee Anthony - who's the daddy?
« on: Feb 11, 2009, 06:25:34 PM »
I've heard he is deceased.
But like you say, who knows?

Father's Issues / Re: what can i do?
« on: Feb 09, 2009, 05:03:52 PM »
He is doing what he should do to obtain his rights. Until he has court orders, he really has no rights and Mom can do as she pleases. Mom's behavior "all of a sudden" is because she wants to replace him with the "new daddy". I hope the court is aware of this, it will not look good on her. Is there a guardian ad litem (child's attorney) on the case?
When he gets court ordered parenting time, he can allow other family members to see her. What you can do, is be supportive of him. That's all. Let us know how things turn out.

Custody Issues / Re: Help Me! I want to know my daughter!
« on: Feb 05, 2009, 05:03:30 PM »

Did you have a lawyer through any of this?  Why did they say you have to have supervised visitation?

He didn't say it was supervised. Just short frequent visits.

Father's Issues / Re: Help !! I want to know my daughter.
« on: Feb 05, 2009, 05:00:29 PM »
Your time may be limited because you and your child are getting re-acquainted, and she is young. At least you were given the option to modify down the road.

Father's Issues / Re: Urgent!! I think my ex is going to flee!
« on: Feb 05, 2009, 04:53:47 PM »

YOu cant let her be there for 6 months because she can then file there so try and make sure the case stays by you.

If court is in his state, and he remains there, the case should stay there.
If you haven't already, you can file to establish a long distance parenting plan. She'll have to abide by that.

Visitation Issues / Re: Long-How to deal with BM and upset child
« on: Jan 28, 2009, 04:16:27 PM »
If the parents can't agree on major things like his school, they need to let the judge decide so that the CHILD doesn't have to.
Dad could file for EOWeek since he is so close now. There needs to be a GAL on the case.

You may need to subpeona her boss to testify as to why she was fired.

Pages: 1 2 34 5 ... 40
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.