Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - VeronicaGia

Pages: 1 23 4 ... 16
Child Support Issues / Not true
« on: Jun 21, 2006, 11:07:36 AM »
First, deadbeat fathers are not in the majority.  The last statistics I read from the U.S. Census bureau stated that between 70 - 75% of fathers pay all of their support on time and in full monthly, versus only about 45% of women.  Also, the 45% number is still wrong, because most women are CP's and the statistic doesn't take the "stay at home mom" factor into account, so 45% is probably high.

Secondly, dads are not wallets/ATM machines.  If all fathers are good for is paying, why should they pay?  Is a father who pays all the time but never sees his kids a good father or a deadbeat?

Finally you say:  "I feed and clothe my 3 growing teenagers on WHAT?? Welfare, church assistance, food from food kitchens, my parents, etc."

Do you have a job?  If not, why not?  If you're strictly judging dad on whether or not he pays and you don't have a job, you too are a deabeat.  Don't get upset, just trying to make a point.  If you are on welfare, then we the taxpayers are supporting your kids, not you and not your ex.

The age of majority in IL is 18, or up to age 19 if there is proof the child is still in high school - go here:  http://ocse.acf.hhs.gov/ext/irg/sps/report.cfm?State=IL&CFID=391264&CFTOKEN=8ca49a4230fbbbe9-D930579D-CAA7-319E-13FCE914B765D5A0

The 17 year old is not living on her own, with a job and supporting herself with no help from anyone, so trying to emancipate her before age 18 is a huge waste of time and money.  Emancipate her when she turns 18.

The 19 year old is emancipated, unless there is a court ordered agreement for support to continue for some other reason.

Therefore, modify the custody order of the 17 year old to try to lower the support for the 15 year old (does not always cancel each other out).  Keep in mind that once the 19 and 17 year olds are emancipated, the 15 year old will still be getting child support.

If the court order is in FL and the child and other parent live in FL, then FL will continue to control the support order.  FL may ask for VA's help in enforcement, but until no one lives in FL, the court order cannot be moved unless all parties agree to it.  I doubt the other parent will agree to it, because that would mean that court will be in VA now, which would be quite inconvenient for her.

Also, since the original order was in FL, FL emancipation laws will follow the order.  

Your post is confusing:

"My State of Residence is VA, but I reside in FL"

In which state do you live?

Which state controls the support order?

Which state does the other parent live?

Child Support Issues / JOLA!
« on: Oct 13, 2004, 05:40:42 AM »
Hey, just saw this.  I only stop by here about every other week.  Will e-mail you right now!

Child Support Issues / Signed the petition
« on: Oct 13, 2004, 05:39:19 AM »
just bumping up!

Child Support Issues / That's not good enough
« on: Oct 13, 2004, 05:32:18 AM »
You have to have valid reasons, not just "someone else wants to adopt."

Is your ex remarried?  What if his new wife wants to adopt?  Does he then have the right to try to terminate your rights?  Of course not.

Child Support Issues / RE: cs is taking 90% of income
« on: Sep 20, 2004, 11:22:23 AM »
Did you attend the modification hearing or hire an attorney to represent you?  If not, you lost by default, and that is how this happened.  

Child Support Issues / Without a court order, there is no way
« on: Sep 20, 2004, 11:16:12 AM »
You and she can agree to anything, but the court order will prevail.  So, say she agrees to take less money, she can, at any time, file a contempt action against you and get all those arrears.  She can also stop allowing more visits any time.

You need a new court order reflecting the change in visitation and child support.  Without it, the current court order stands.

Child Support Issues / Your house
« on: Sep 15, 2004, 12:51:19 PM »
If YOUR house is not titled in HIS name, they cannot touch it.  You need to look into that LETTER dated on a Sunday and see if it's real or some scheme created by the ex.

Pages: 1 23 4 ... 16
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.