Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - HelpingHands

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14
Father's Issues / RE: Some info
« on: Feb 02, 2007, 11:48:06 AM »
The only way you are going to get  different results is do something different.

Have you posted to Socrateaser yet? Perhaps he'd be willing to help draft a letter? Maybe a paralegal in your area would?

Absent all of  the other advice : Drive down to their school  and slap your court order in front of them. And the same for the dr records. Yes, I understand there's a long distance involved, but if you want results you've got to do things you haven't done yet.

Make yourself known to the school, to the drs to everyone. If they realize you ARE in your children's lives, then they won't treat you as the stranger you are.

Father's Issues / RE: What if she moves away with kids
« on: Jan 31, 2007, 06:10:18 PM »
Read the court order and look for specific wording regarding relocation, notification of intent to move, etc.. Unless there is something in the state's statutes preventing her from moving out of state and the order doesn't specifically address the issue, she may be within her rights to move. Is it right? No.

The only thing I can think of that would possibly get her in trouble if there is nothing addressed in the order, is if the visitation order states a specific place for pick up and drop offs and by her moving out of state it frustrates and interferes with your bf's visitations. She may be required to bring the children TO your BF for his visitations since she moved out of state and bare all expenses.

Read the order, check online statutes and speak to an attorney in your state. It's possible she may have to bring the children back to Ga if your bf can prove it's not in their best interests to be moved to Fl (change of physical custody).  

Post the specifics of the court order to Socrateaser's board on this site and he should be able to direct you. You must follow his guidelines at the top of his forum.

How can she dismiss her own case? A judge dimisses cases, not a petitioner(she can withdraw her motion, but I don't think she can once the judge makes a ruling)  And if he's already made a ruling for a certain amount, then she would need to appeal the findings.

Sounds like she is fishing for a judge who will rule in her favor. Check the jurisdiction laws re: child support in your county. I forget what it's called when they fish for another jurisdiction like that...

I'd definitely post to Socrateaser asking his advice on how to proceed.


Father's Issues / RE: School & Medical records, secrecy!
« on: Jan 31, 2007, 08:47:27 AM »
Post to Socrateaser's board asking for his legal opinion on where to begin.

Father's Issues / RE: School & Medical records, secrecy!
« on: Jan 31, 2007, 07:51:59 AM »
Get in touch with the superintendent of the school system by phone, then in writing. Explain that you have sent numerous letters requesting school records, report cards, etc to the school's principal(??)and you have not heard anything back.

You are requesting that the situation be addressed immediately. I'd write that you will reimburse for any postage & copy fees incurred to send such records. Send a copy of the court order so they know WHO you are, that you have a legal right to school documents and to verify that you are who you say you are.

The next time you are in town, make a point to stop in, introduce yourself to them and get the information corrected on the records. The school may not even know you exist, outside the letters you've sent. Have you spoken with the principal? Have you sent yor court order info? If you've done all that, yah let them know you will file a motion with the court for violating your rights to your child's school records. They will quickly produce records, I'm betting on it.

Have 'the talk' with the younger boys re: drugs, alcohol, sex, etc.

Remain close to them, keep a watchful eye and keep the ears open for any marked differences with your SSs.

Some jurisdictions look at the people living in the home when determining custody arrangements,  but I it will take more than exposure to a potty mouth 14 yr old half sibling who may or may not be smoking pot to change custody.

Father's Issues / RE: Brother needs info in Florida
« on: Jan 22, 2007, 06:19:43 AM »
He needs to file an emergency restraining order against her and ask for immediate temporary custody of the children(ex parte order ). They will ask the reasons it should be granted and he needs to list the reasons: violence,  she's threatening to remove the children from the state, emotional and physical abuse, etc.

If you could be his witness and sign an affidavit stating what you've seen re: the abuse, violence, etc. it would certainly help him.

He needs to get the upper hand while he can. She sounds like a nutjob and your brother should really be concerned with his children's saftey while in her care. Forget the 'let's be nice and not take the kids from mom' bit. If she's truly that whacked, HRS might just step in before your brother decides to. If I remember correctly, Florida mandates that family members report abuse or they can be held accountable if something happens to the children and they knew about it.

Father's Issues / RE: Throwing in the white towel
« on: Sep 04, 2006, 06:50:15 PM »

Excellent Plan! Very detailed and reasonable for BOTH parties and child!

Good luck.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.