Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - cinb85

Pages: 1 23 4 ... 19
Child Support Issues / Are you sure?
« on: May 15, 2007, 11:51:40 AM »
I was able to claim child care costs through age 14 for my dd.

think that the NCP has to pay a percentage of the college costs in addition to the CS.

Child Support Issues / "nm" means "no message"
« on: Apr 03, 2007, 06:23:48 AM »
you have to put something in this block or it won't let you post the message, so if you don't have anymore to say, you just put "nm".

Child Support Issues / That's the way it is here in NJ too!
« on: Apr 02, 2007, 01:37:18 PM »

Our state is an "income share" state too, but I never received a COLA.  I never pursued it because my ex never pays his child support anyway, so why bother.

I was just curious as to how someone can ask that it be stopped.   I thought that once the CS office puts in a COLA on someone's child support case, it was a "done deal"!

Good luck!

Child Support Issues / I didn't think that anyone could stop a COLA
« on: Mar 28, 2007, 07:37:11 AM »
Where did you hear that you could stop it?

Child Support Issues / Oh!!!
« on: Mar 08, 2007, 09:52:57 AM »
We can't do that in NJ.  It has to go through the probation department.  If there is a court-ordered cs payment, then it has to go through them.

Child Support Issues / Am I missing something????
« on: Mar 08, 2007, 06:55:11 AM »
If BM closed her case with DCSE a couple of months back, then there doesn't seem to be a court order for you to pay child support?  

Am I misunderstanding?

Child Support Issues / They won't even let him file a modification?
« on: Feb 09, 2007, 09:48:56 AM »
The child support caseworker just says no?  I'm confused.  I thought that anyone could file a mod, but then the judge decides, not the child support worker.

Child Support Issues / It's worth a try!
« on: Aug 02, 2006, 01:59:04 PM »
Maybe her ex will surprise you.  It's always best if you can work it out.

I wish that my ex would help me out.  Our daughter will be going to college in a couple of years and in NJ the non-custodial parent doesn't have to contribute to college.  He IS supposed to continue to pay CS while she's in college, but he doesn't pay now and they don't do anything to him.  He basically gets away without helping to support our daughter.  It all falls on me!  Next year our daughter will be getting her license, then she will want a car.  I don't know how I'm going to afford to get her a car and insurance.  It's going to be expensive!

I hope that your GF can work out a deal so her ex will help will college.  
I wish you, your GF and our families the best.

Good luck!

Pages: 1 23 4 ... 19
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.