Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Kent

Pages: 1 2 3 45 6 ... 25
Child Support Issues / RE: DCSE has infuriated me!
« on: Jan 27, 2006, 09:17:43 AM »
>> This means that for an entire year, VA has lied to me!

And you are surprised ?!?!?!?!?



Child Support Issues / Legal definition of residence
« on: Jan 11, 2006, 07:34:39 AM »
For purpose of the law, the legal definition of one's residence is:

"The place of one's domicil.... a man can have but one domicil.... A residence is a domicil when it is taken up animo manendi. "

(ANIMO MANENDI - The intention of remaining. To acquire a domicil, the party must have his abode in one place, with the intention of remaining there; for without such intention no new domicil can be gained, and the old will not be lost)
(Source: The 'Lectric Law Library's Lexicon)

I.e. a place does NOT become your residence if you intend to stay at that place for little more than 30 days. Your intention needs to be to remain there, which you are not. You only intend to stay for 31 days to obtain a DL. (In reality, you don't even stay the 30 days)
If you do not have a visa and/or working permit, you cannot legally claim residency in that country.

Next to that, all self-respecting countries will not allow foreigners a DL, unless the foreigner has a visa for more than 1 year (after 1 year the allowance to drive with a foreign DL expires). Of course, there are countries that will sell you a DL.

Instead of spending your money on travel expenses to break the law, you might consider just paying your CS.
If you disagree with your CS, file a motion to have it changed, or become active to change the laws (it was recently done in GA and in several other states).
Your behavior strengthens the general public's view on "deadbeat dads", and you hurt our cause more than anything.



The sheer fact that you lied to the police officer shows to everybody that your suggested method is illegal. Next to the fact that I know how this works, I have dealt with the issue of foreign drivers licenses myself on numerous occasions.

You know that if you had  been truthful, you would have lost that license, and gotten arrested for driving wihtout a license.

Your email address has been removed from your message.
Please refrain from posting illegal activities on this website, or you will be banned from posting.


Dear Socrateaser / We just don't know
« on: May 11, 2007, 07:57:02 AM »
It would indeed be nice if we knew what happened with Soc, but even Admin does not know.
He did not let anybody know, didn't give notice, just vanished into thin air.
It is a mystery as much to SPARC as it is to you.


Dear Socrateaser / The problem........
« on: Mar 19, 2007, 05:49:03 AM »
Thank you all for your input.

The problem is that we have told him multiple times that there is really nothing we can do about it as long as he doesn't bear marks, and that if he wants something done about it, he needs to talk to his teacher and/or school counselor.

But he won't do that.


Dear Socrateaser / RE: Listening in on phone conversations
« on: Mar 16, 2007, 11:33:19 AM »
Mist, she's not recording, she's just listening in.

At the house she picks up one of the other phones, if it's her cell phone, she puts it on speaker phone.

Dear Socrateaser / Clarification
« on: Mar 16, 2007, 09:38:21 AM »
My ex is a homemaker.
It is my current wife who is an LPC and required to report suspected abuse.

Our son wants to live with me, he says it at least once per day, but he is afraid his mother will beat him when she finds out.
And as long as she doesn't leave a mark on him, I'm afraid that any accusations by me will be seen as manipulation and coaching.


Dear Socrateaser / To report or not to report?
« on: Mar 16, 2007, 08:06:17 AM »

My ex and I have shared physical custody of our 11 year old son (week-to-week), I have sole legal.

My son has for the longest time been telling us that his mother hits him on a regular basis. Knowing that he tends to dramatize these issues, and there not being any marks on him, we have not pursued that issue.

He also tells us on a daily basis that he can't wait until he's 14, so he can come live with us full time.

Lately however, he tells us about her hitting him with a closed fist (still no marks), and last week he told us she had pushed him to the ground and kicked him - still no marks.

His story shows an increasing violence, and hitting with closed fist and kicking is undeniably defined as abuse (rightfully so).

My current wife, being an LPC, is legally required to report any and all suspicion of abuse. By not acting on his stories, she is violating protocol and at risk of losing her license - should anyone find out.

1) Do you believe she should report his stories to CPS?

2) Would it be better to contact the school counselor and ask him/her to talk to our son?

3) How do we go about either option without running the risk of being accused of coaching him - as far as you can coach a strong-willed 11 year old?

Thank you for your time.


Dear Socrateaser / Listening in on phone conversations
« on: Mar 16, 2007, 07:33:57 AM »

Whenever I talk to my son on the phone, his mother is always listening in. A few minutes later she then calls me to "discuss" which parts of my conversation with him she does not like. Is she allowed to do this? GA is a one-party state.

Thank you.


Dear Soc,

Thank you for your answers.
Just two more questions:

1) Do you think my concerns are real, or do you think I'm being petty? (As a sidenote, I don't think I'm being petty).

2) Do you believe the court / GAL in Georgia would think it's petty?

Thank you so much!


Pages: 1 2 3 45 6 ... 25
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.