Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - rini

Pages: 1 23 4 ... 12
Child Support Issues / RE: Thanks for responding
« on: Mar 14, 2005, 06:04:17 PM »

there are a few things that apply to jurisdiction of a child support order.

first of all when did the ex move from MO?

and did the ex keep MO as her home state when they relocated?

if the ex moved from MO then it possibly lost jurisdiction to NY and NY is the state that controls the child support order.

first your dh must gather all the information that he needs to prove that NY is the state that holds jurisdiction over him in regards to child support.

my advice is to gather all the necessary information and then post to socrateaser in his required format to ask his professional advice.

Child Support Issues / RE: Child support modification
« on: Mar 14, 2005, 11:07:01 AM »

I agree with TM  unfortunately the hearing is Friday and service of any motion is required to be with in a certain amount of days (varies by state) so that they can respond.

A motion to compel along with a request for sanctions should be prepared and ready for Friday.    

Depending on who got the first 2 postponements the judge (might) order a new date for hearing.

they let the ones getting support get away with this all the time.

why has your attorney not compelled the information as of yet this is SOP  (standard operating procedure) for any attorney and should have been mailed out pretty much right after you hired her and informed her that you have not gotten the ex's info.


Child Support Issues / RE: need advise
« on: Mar 14, 2005, 09:49:03 AM »
child support mn


 (federal poverty guidelines


Child Support Issues / RE: need advise
« on: Mar 14, 2005, 02:34:50 AM »

I noticed on your profile that your state is MN.  every state is different in regards to child support calculations.

Might i ask why the ex only makes 600 a month.

are the kids school age?  

There is a federal limit to the percentage of support that you must pay and from what I can tell you are very close to it.

most states also credit you for extended visitation periods which could be the reason that she ends the visits early.

check your state guidelines and file a response that includes the federal information.  this should be available on this site.  cant remember where but i am sure it is here.

The worst part is that the ex wife will get free representation and you get nothing to defend your position

Child Support Issues / RE: HELP...
« on: Feb 10, 2005, 09:08:20 AM »

state of texas should still be able to tell you where they are sending the checks to.  

unless there is a domestic violence case.

any idea what county in texas she is in?


Child Support Issues / RE: HELP...
« on: Feb 07, 2005, 06:43:38 PM »

i would contact texas disbursement and request that they serve her with the papers.

pretty sure under uifsa guidelines that it is up to you to file the papers and it is their job to make sure she is notified of your intent to emancipate the minor.

our case is in pa but cp is in florida our case will be heard with in days of kids 18 birthday!!!!!!!!


Child Support Issues / RE: HELP...
« on: Feb 06, 2005, 03:29:27 AM »

2 questions

who is the money being processed through.

where is it being sent?

If Florida State is processing the monies as a uifsa claim and disbursing them through texas csu then you should be able to handle everything on the florida self help court site.


Child Support Issues / RE: another option for you
« on: Feb 01, 2005, 10:07:46 AM »

Here is something else you can do.  

figure your return to come as close to the amount owed as possible.

i can actually give you more detailed directions if you want to email me

then after they intercept the amount you owed and you are free from the lean you then send an amended return with the rest of the deductions.

or you can request an extension clear your debt and then send in your return.


riniinusa@netscape.net   if you need any help with your taxes../

Child Support Issues / What kind of BS is this???????
« on: Nov 22, 2004, 03:08:07 PM »

Today I went to file for food stamps.  
We have actually been eligible for a while but ex husband just lost his job so there will be no income there for dont know how long

OK fill out the application and case worker asks me if I want to apply for cash assistance.  I did not think I was eligible but he said he thought i was.

He says to apply for cash assistance i would have to use the child support system to go after dh and ex husband.  my exhusband has been paying support without the help of the support system in PA for 9 years and personally I like not having to wait for my money.

besides they lost one of my checks and they also returned one of my checks to my ex (accidentallycosting me almost a 1000)  

Do you know what this joker goes on to say.

He says well if bio dad dies what are you going to do then.

I say apply for SS death benefits..

He says that because i have taken cash payments from the dad instead of using the state support system for processing my child support that my kids will be ineligible for benefits.

I basically asked him where he got his info from and his response was that it was common knowledge down here.  

What the&*(^!!!!!!!!

I told him that to my knowledge he was totally wrong

called ss as soon as i got home and asked them if they had ever heard of such a thing ..

their response was


Now welfare is making stuff up to force moms into using the child support system ./...

I guarantee you that this line of bull $H09 will not be broadcasted much longer cause i am livid.

What do you all think of this?

Child Support Issues / RE:wow???
« on: Sep 16, 2004, 08:11:49 AM »
hi i was under the impression that an employer could only take 60 % from your check under some federal statute

post this on socrateasers board and make sure you follow his guidelines for posting.


Pages: 1 23 4 ... 12
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.