Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Fueledbyjava

Pages: 1 23 4 ... 9
I guess you are right. But why wouldn't he as the father, married or not, have any rights to time/visitation with his child. This seems wrong, there has to be some sort of legal recourse that as the childs father he can fall back on to get time with his son.

Again, don't do it unless you are legally the childs father. trey to get her to agree to let you and your mother have visitation with your son.

Father's Issues / RE: Is this against the law?...
« on: Sep 11, 2008, 05:58:19 AM »
Now I am confused. Is your name on the childs birth certificate as his father? If it is then you have a right to time with your son. If it is not then you may be SOL for now. Do not do anything if you are not the legal birth father of that child. By this I mean that your name is on the childs birth certificate. If you take that child and you sre not legally his father you could be charged with kidnapping. Please clarify.

You deserve 50% time with your child, she has no more right to keep them from you than you do from her. Until there is a court order determining custody/visitation schedules etc. You could go get the kids and take them home with you and there is nothing she can do about it. Just FYI. The temp. Custody should have a proposed schedule and be a thorough as possible, you will probably have to have a hearing as I am sure her lawyer and she will object to it. i do not know how much time you want with your children but you should be as thorough as you possibly can be with regard to pick up/drop of times and places as well as the days you would like to have her. Again keep track of any denied access and try to get evidence proving such, besides your word. Be civil and follow the law do not cause trouble at her parents home and do not get into it with her just address her as needed for your children and try to do that in writing when at all possible.

Father's Issues / RE: 23 years old and already going through it :(
« on: Sep 09, 2008, 07:01:08 AM »
 You can talk to your ex for free but it means absolutely nothing. Get a lawyer and use them for any communication, period.

Father's Issues / RE: Should I stay
« on: Sep 09, 2008, 06:58:21 AM »
  Get a lawyer. start documenting everything your STBX does and anytime that you are denied visitation with your children by her but especially by her parents or others as they have no right to keep your children from seeing you. Her father had the right to kick you out of his house but he does not have the right to kep the kids there against your wishes. You could have taken the kids with you right then and there. Change the deadbolts on the house. Get your lawyer to file a motion setting a temporary visitation schedule, I suggest at least 50/50 time with a pre- determined schedule setting days of pick up/drop off and time and place. Gather all your financial information I.E tax returns pay stubs etc. sepaerate your bank accounts if they are joint and get your own credit card, you will need it. It sounds to me like this will be rough for yopu and your children as she probably has her family and friends egging her on and telling her how to steamroll you. stay cool, don't deny her access to the children or her things, just demand your equal time. Stay involved in their school and extracurricular activities even when they are not with you. Do not be goaded into fights or confrontations with her or her family, they will try this, it is a trap. Communicate only in writing(e-mail) or text message from here on out, this will avoid any false accusations and will document any irrational behavior. Do not even speak to her about your case and do not even talk to her family. She is the enemy now and she will try to take your children and use them as a meal ticket. She is going to try and ruin your life, get ready for battle.

Father's Issues / RE: Concerned About Arbitration
« on: Sep 03, 2008, 06:20:26 AM »
Just stick to your guns, don't let them break you down. That is what they are trying to do and usually it works. Just keep on pushing for what you know  is right, it will work itself out.

Father's Issues / RE: Also
« on: Aug 19, 2008, 10:36:41 AM »
I do. I document everything.

Father's Issues / RE: Also
« on: Aug 18, 2008, 12:50:50 PM »
Have you ever heard of the court paying back someone for paying 100% of expenses while going through a divorce (childcare, mortgege etc.)

Father's Issues / RE: Also
« on: Aug 18, 2008, 12:00:30 PM »
Thanks for the info. I keep one of those desk calenders and have it marked every day that I have her and also have it mapped out for the days I should have her in the future. I also keep detailed financial records of all childcare payments, expenses etc.

Pages: 1 23 4 ... 9
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.