Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - TracyG

Pages: 1
Texas State Forum / Can I take my kids out of TX?
« on: Jul 12, 2009, 01:59:56 PM »
I need to leave my husband.  I have an opportunity at the end of July to move back to MA.  Is it illegal for me to take them and not return?  I have no job, no money and cannot take the abuse any longer.  I have no family here in TX and have a wonderful home at my Dad's that he is offering.  What are the legalities on this?  Thanks

General Issues / Re: moving across state lines with kids?
« on: Jul 12, 2009, 01:51:52 PM »
Thanks so much for the quick responses! 

I was trying to keep m,y post short and sweet.  LOL So much for that.  ;)

We married about 3 yrs ago.  Have been together for over 10.  We have 2 children (5 and 8).  We separated once when our oldest was 18 months.  He hit me and I had charges filed.  We were separated for about 6 months.  It was glorious and much easier bc we were not married at the time and I had a job.  Now I am mother of 2 and a SAHM.

He weaseled his way back into my life and we ended up with another child.  We married a year or so later not because marriage was ever in my mind, but bc I needed a surgery and his health ins would not take me unless we were legally married.  Off to the courthouse we went.

I cannot leave my kids here.  The one credit right now I can give him is that he works his butt off.  But, that being said, my kids only see him on his day off which is Saturday.  I am the sole caretaker of the children.  He loves them, but does not know how to handle them as well.  ie.  Last week I ran an errand and turns out he left and went to work leaving them home alone.  thank God they were only alone for about 10 minutes and my 8 year old is a smart cookie and locked the doors and immediately called me.  When I asked him what happened he just had no excuse...he is not used to being responisble for them.  He would never intentionally do this, and I believe him.

He is very mentally abusive and controlling with me.  He tells me that all he cares about is sex and basketball.  it's just a sad existance.  I have no desire for him at all, but try to have sex a few times a week to satisfy his appetite.  i just clsoe my eyes....I really have no friends here left in TX.  No job.  I am pretty isolated.  I have no family here.  They are all in MA.  In MA I have a place to live at my father's house and some strong job possibilities once school is back in session.

I can't do this anymore.  I am exhausted.  My kids are seeing this relationship and how unhealthy it is and I do NOT want them repeating this cycle.  They would be better off never marrying than the way things are now.

I cannot do this alone.  I am not strong enough.  my dad has offered his home to me and the kids.  If they lived next door to me in TX I would do it...but unfortunately they live in another state.

So much more to this, but they are all so stupid and trivial.  They add to this in every way.  i have lost friends bc of him.  No one understands why I deal with his crap like I do.  And strangley enough, he thinks I don't do enough.  it's sad.

General Issues / moving across state lines with kids?
« on: Jul 12, 2009, 12:24:53 PM »
Hello all.  I think I may have hit rock bottom in my marriage and finally getting the guts to leave.  I have this opportunity to go at the end of July.  We live in TX with our 2 school age kids.  i am from MA and will be going there with the kids in a couple of weeks.  I am thinking of staying.

What are the legalities if any about taking kids over state lines and not retuning?  If it makes any difference he is not a citizen of the US just a legal resident.

Any info is appreciated.  I am at a loss.

Thank you

Pages: 1
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.