Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - luieluie

Pages: 1 2
Father's Issues / Re: Please help in Denton County
« on: Aug 06, 2009, 02:32:34 PM »
Hye guys, hate to see y'all arguing.  I appreciate any and all input.
At this hearing for child support, the papers ask the court to assign "conservatorship".  Can someone explain (in simple terms) the difference between the court assigning this and the court assigning custody??  Aren't they the same??  If I want sole (or shared) custody is this the time for me to fight tooth and nail??  OR is this just a formality in order to deal with child support??
If we have lived together since he was born (which I can prove with a lease agreement and utility bills) and she just moved out on the the 21st of July, what are the important issues to tell the court?  Because we weren't married (and she didn't have too much faith in our staying together) SHE made sure the child was receiving Medicaid.......however I was completely supporting all 3 of them myself.  How does that factor into all of it?
Am I going to be okay going Pro Se??  I have the hearing for child support coming up and I don't have an attorney....I filed a response (a General Denial) myself.  I am not familiar with civil procedure, but was going to walk in there as best prepared as I can be.  Am I being a fool to try this without an attorney??  I can't currently afford the fees that I've been quoted and the hearing dates are set.

Father's Issues / Re: Please help in Denton County
« on: Aug 03, 2009, 06:34:50 AM »
Thanks for all the great responses!!  It is really appreciated.  I really don't know what I'm doing in all this stuff, feel like I've been thrown to the wolves.  I spoke with a few attorneys and they all want 3-4K to take on my case.  I wish I had the funds available!!  Looks like I will have to work with one that will let me pay them in installments, but they won't file anything for me until I get to a particular cash level.
Looks like I will have to file an answer to the Child Support papers myself.  I found some help online (a template) and have just filled it out with a General Denial and then a statement that the child should be ordered to be covered by my insurance.  Looks like I still have until the Monday after the 13th to get the Answer filed with the court.
When my son was born, we completed and signed an Acknowledgement of Paternity.  I have the original and a copy was sent along with the Child Support papers.
She is supposed to bring him by for a visit today (yes, once again before 5 o'clock, meaning that I will miss some work).  Otherwise, I have seen him for a total of 15 minutes in the past 14 days.  She has let me speak to my other (non-biological 5 year old) son on the phone everyday.  Sometimes she'll put the phone up to my youngest, but then she'll say "he pushes the phone away when he hears your voice"....and then something stoopid like "he doesn't want you to hurt him anymore".

Father's Issues / Re: Please help in Denton County
« on: Jul 31, 2009, 06:06:58 AM »
Thank you for your kind response.  I was beginning to think that noone would.
I am on the baby's birth certificate and we're in Denton County of Texas.  I assume that being on the cert gives me responsibilities and privileges of fatherhood.
After not seeing them for 10 days she shows up at 3:30 in my work's parking lot.  When I went out side, the youngest was sleeping.  I was able to hug, hold and talk to each child but she was in the background making stoopid comments repeatedly.  First of all, our youngest (probably like everyone) doesn't like to wake up all of a sudden.  He's my little sunshine, but he hasn't seen me in a week and a half.....well each time he reached for his mom or something, she would say, "see, he doesn't want you to hurt him".....remember the false claims of abuse??

Father's Issues / Please help in Denton County
« on: Jul 29, 2009, 07:11:43 AM »
Newbie here and need some help.
Non married couple been living together for 4 years, have 2 boys...5 year old (not biologically mine, not adopted), 16 mo old (mine).  Mom does not work, has no car and no residence (other than the one we have together).  She recently filed for disability for an old injury to her back (very minor), social anxiety and BiPolar.
I was served with child support papers and our discussion turned into an argument one week ago yesterday.  This issue that I had was the "conservatorship", all I did was let her know that we needed to have shared custody,,,,,she was completely against it, saying that it would affect the payment amount.  I told her that I would let the court know that my only issue was the conservatorship and I would stipulate to any support amount that I could afford.  She was having none of that, the argument went on and on til we just went into separate rooms.
3 hours later she is asking if they could go spend the night at her moms so they can go to a waterpark the next day.  The next day, everything is normal except (we had been having car issues) she says that she had to put the car in the shop and didn't get to go.....asked if it was okay to stay over there and go to the waterpark on Thursday.  Thursday was a normal day of contact....phone calls, messaging back and forth, etc.
When I get home from work on Thursday, she has moved all of her stuff (and the kid's) out of our residence.
She informs me that she has taken the kids away because she "knows what I've been doing".  I find out that she took the younger child to the ER Wednesday morning saying that I had sexually abused him.
I was contacted by a CPS worker Friday at noon.  She says she just got the case and had a few questions for me......She called me again Yesterday morning and told me that she is closing the case.  Yes, the case was open for a day and a half.  She says that the children have NOT been abused, but that the mother was very adamant about wanting me to be arrested.
I would like to know if anyone can provide advice.....
What can I do to see my child if she refuses to let me see him under any conditions?  Is there a document that I can file before we have our child support hearing?
Has anyone dealt with usfamilyadvocates.com??  They want to do the paperwork for my hearings and then I would take those forms down to the court clerk and file them myself.  I would be acting Pro Se (represent myself)....just giving the written arguments to the judge I guess.  I have spoken with Jeremy McCready and some guy named Rory.

Pages: 1 2
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.