Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - Justabovewater

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Father's Issues / Re: Relocating
« on: Aug 21, 2012, 07:46:56 AM »
Went to Court yesterday. The Judge awarded joint custody with her as Residential custody. The reason she recieved residential was she was the primary care giver while we were married. It seems that because the husband works and makes a living for his family, this is how he gets rewarded. The fact that she has moved 3 times in the last year and had 5 jobs in that last year and only moved becasue of a boyfriend has no bearing on it at all. So, IF a man works to support his family, he is not a care giver to his children. But if a man does not work and provide what his family needs to live, then he is a bum. My conclussion is no matter what, the father only has about a 5 percent chance of winning custody regardless of the situation.

Father's Issues / Re: Relocating
« on: Aug 09, 2012, 10:58:25 AM »
She told them last year at the end of school year that thye would not be back to school here. I had to go sighn some papers stating that they were. Thanks for the info. I will call them now and let them know what is going ton. Thank you!

Father's Issues / Re: Relocating
« on: Aug 09, 2012, 10:21:29 AM »
Thank you Ocean. I enrolled the kids in school in the school that they went to last year. I am sure that she will also enroll them in town that she lives in as well. I think the school that she enrolls them in will request records and so forth. She will be enrolling them tomorrow.

Father's Issues / Re: Relocating
« on: Aug 08, 2012, 04:34:26 PM »
I talked to my lawyer today and went over everything with him. He said with the state that I am in, in most cases, the Parent that moves away for a reason other than to benifit themselves financialy (such as being Transfered for a job) or for there own saftey will generally be giving up there right as the custody parent in a joint custody case. If a parent moved simply for the reason of moving in with a boyfriend or girlfriend, Then the custody of the children should be given to the other parent unless it can be proven that the other parent is not a fit parent. Anyone ever heard of this?

Father's Issues / Re: Relocating
« on: Aug 07, 2012, 12:59:06 PM »
I never thought about that. That would be a great source. Thank you so much Busymom!

Father's Issues / Re: Relocating
« on: Aug 07, 2012, 11:23:09 AM »
The court date has been set the day before school starts here and there. Her attorney has it in place. We had to go to mediation and didnt agree on anything.

Father's Issues / Re: Relocating
« on: Aug 07, 2012, 09:54:59 AM »
We have had 50/50 for right at a year. Thats the most important thing to me. The kids have been through enough and there would be no changes in there lives if she didnt decide to move. even though we do have 50/50, I have agreed to pay her child support like she had them full time so that they could still have the life style that they were used too. I know either way it is going to be a change for them, but why make a bad situation for them worst.

Father's Issues / Re: Relocating
« on: Aug 07, 2012, 08:08:04 AM »
Thank you!! I have a meeting with a Attorney in the morning. He s the highest recomended for custody issues in the area. I went to the school to get records of who took the kids out of school last year to take the kids to the doctor but they said they wasent sure they had the records. From what I read they are responsible to keep these records for 5 years. I may have to get the Attorney involved in that as well.

Father's Issues / Relocating
« on: Aug 06, 2012, 02:18:39 PM »
I will try to keep this as short as I can. My Ex has decided to move to another town with her Boyfriend. She moved 60 miles away and has decided that she is going to fight to get full custody of the 2 young children so they can go to school where she lives. We now have 50/50 joint custody of them and share them every other week.

A little about her: She works 2 days a week 90 Miles from where she just moved to, the other 3 days she is not sure where she will be because she is in sales. She was evicted from her last home 4 months ago, which is why she is living with her boyfriend. Her boyfriend has 4 other kids living with them in a 4 beedroom house which is a total of 8 people living in the house. I did some digging and found that he has 2 accounts of assault and just got off probation 2 months ago for his last. He does not have a job at this time, and is looking for one now. She has had 4 jobs in the past 4 years and 3 boyfriends that she introduced the kids to.

 A little about me: I am remarried. She has 2 children that has the same living arangements as my children do now. I live and work in the same community that the kids went to school last year. I have been working for the same company for the last 5 years and have climbed the ladder here at work. My wife now has had the same job the past 5 years and has also done the same. I have made all my child suppot payments and any other payment as far as that goes. I have a 6 beedroom home with plenty of room for all of them to run and play. I was the parent that picked the kids up from school last year if they got sick at school or got out of school early. Even though she lived here last year she worked 30 miles away.

Im wondering if anyone has ever seen this and how the outcome was? I dont want to be a dad that gets to see his kids ever other week. I love my kids completly and I am worried about the out come. I just dont feel that it is in the best intrest of the children to be living with there mother. How will this be viewed by the Judge?

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.