Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - RamSport1

Pages: 1
Father's Issues / No idea where my kids are living!
« on: Dec 07, 2015, 09:21:44 AM »
Greetings all. New here and need help and advice. I am a 55 year old father of two, my son is 6, daughter 4. Divorced last summer, my ex is 20 years younger than I. I reluctantly allowed, after her sales pitch, for her to move with the children, she has 4, back to the St Paul Minnesota area where she was from. I am in Illinois and the drive was 7 hours one way to pick up my children for visitation.

The last time I had them was October 18, a 4 day weekend off school, and when I dropped them back off with their mother, she informed me she was searching for a job in Colorado. I said nothing at the time and after returning home went to my attorney and informed him of her possible intentions. I was informed to send her a letter of non-consent to move the children out of the state of MN. Did so, never heard a word after that and assumed (I know, never assume anything) she had dropped her plan to move to CO.

Well, I received an email from my ex early November simply stating "We have moved" along with an address in Colorado and my sons new school address. Immediately went to the attorney, and after going over options he filed what is called a "Rule for Petition to Show Just Cause" which supposedly requires her to appear in court and answer to a Judge with reasons why she moved the children to Colorado, she would be served the papers in Colorado and have to appear in Illinois.

Unfortunately the address she provided is not the physical address for the children, evidently a relatives address where mail can be sent. I don't think she has been served. I don't have unlimited funds and can't afford to hire a P.I. in Colorado to search for the physical address, nor do I have time to run out to CO and do my own investigative work, probably not a good idea anyway. 

Any ideas/resources on how I can find out exactly where my children are living out there so we can get her served? Thanks for any advice.

Pages: 1
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.