Separated Parenting Access & Resource Center
crazy gamesriddles and jokesfunny picturesdeath psychic!mad triviafunny & odd!pregnancy testshape testwin custodyrecipes

Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Topics - alexmat1

Pages: 1
Father's Issues / Travelling outside the country with the child
« on: Sep 11, 2019, 01:27:10 PM »
Hello all,
I am a Father who has minor custody (on weekends) with the mother sharing the major part of the custody. I am not a US Citizen and is a Resident now. Mother is a US citizen. All my family lives in another country and I would like to take my child on a vacation outside of the US to this country. To all those who been through this, this country is a non Hague country. Mother refuses to let me travel with the child citing that I wont come back or I might kidnap the child although I have cooperated respectfully with the custody rules so far. Child is 5 years old.

Has anyone been in such situation, were you able to achieve this through the courts ? Are courts sympathetic to Fathers need to take an international vacation with the child. Are there any bonds I can execute to proove to the court that I will come back ?


Father's Issues / Legal shared custody being asked to change
« on: Feb 16, 2019, 07:58:14 AM »
I share legal custody of my son with my ex wife. She has primary physical custody and I have him on weekends. I have more time with him as per order but I only exercise weekends given the logistics etc.
We both have to discuss and confer on all education health issues etc. she is now asking the courts to let her have final say. We live in California that promotes shared custody but I have seen courts give dole or final deciding rights to wives.
What are my chances. She has better stability like a house better finances etc. can that influence the judge to give her the deciding power ?

Pages: 1
Copyright © SPARC - A Parenting Advocacy Group
Use of this website does not constitute a client/attorney relationship and this site does not provide legal advice.
If you need legal assistance for divorce, child custody, or child support issues, seek advice from a divorce lawyer.