Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 19, 2024, 05:45:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Medical Expert Witness

Started by gollymolly, Dec 28, 2006, 06:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gollymolly

I am experiencing difficulty locating a medical expert witness certified in pediatric pulmonology for my modification case. our case deals with asthma, medical neglect, smoking around child, heavy environemental exposure to allergens (home environment), etc....

the child's current physicians are sitting the fence... which does more harm than good.

do you have any suggestions on locating an expert?

socrateaser

>do you have any suggestions on locating an expert?

Google on "expert witnesses", or "expert witness directory" or "find expert witness", etc.

mistoffolees

She might also want to ask her attorney. Most attorneys have a pretty good idea of who's available in a given area and which ones have good credibility.

gollymolly

nope.
we are both at a loss. having difficulty finding a local expert witness and i have tried the google search.

socrateaser

>nope.
>we are both at a loss. having difficulty finding a local
>expert witness and i have tried the google search.

Any physician expert in the field you are seeking testimony about, would be qualifed as an expert witness. Some will refuse to act in this capacity, but my experience is that if the price is right, you can get any expert to testify.

So, you could just look up a physician who would be qualified to treat your child and then offer to pay for expert testimony and see what happens.