Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:25:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

confused in CA

Started by mishelle2, Feb 06, 2007, 12:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mishelle2

ok so my dh got his recommendation from mediation yesterday, in which it states no additional time is recommended for father, father coaches sons football team therefore that should be considered more time. and further goes on to possibly take the only mid week visit he has from him. We have sent over a letter for clarification to the mediators office, since the midweek is not mentioned in the mediators recommended parenting plan
the mediator interviewed there 12 yo son and said son stated he wants custodial agreement to stay the same.. basically he repeated word for word what the mother said during mediation, yet mediator didnt view him as being coached.

my dh does not have as much as a parking ticket, yet the county we live in refuses to allow him anymore time other than EOW and split holidays, my dh has done everything asked of him and they still say nope sorry. the courts have even gone as far as taking away time, cause "mom says child misses homework when hes at dads house" yet has never shown any proof.  We cant even get the courts to order his name be put on childs birth certificate!!!
atty said we can go to hearing, but he said, the reality is that the courts are going to rule with mediator and it leaves us with little options.
there are no attorneys in my area willing to challenge the judge (there is only one family law judge in my area)

what options do we have?

socrateaser

>ok so my dh got his recommendation from mediation yesterday,
>in which it states no additional time is recommended for
>father, father coaches sons football team therefore that
>should be considered more time. and further goes on to
>possibly take the only mid week visit he has from him. We have
>sent over a letter for clarification to the mediators office,
>since the midweek is not mentioned in the mediators
>recommended parenting plan
>the mediator interviewed there 12 yo son and said son stated
>he wants custodial agreement to stay the same.. basically he
>repeated word for word what the mother said during mediation,
>yet mediator didnt view him as being coached.
>
>my dh does not have as much as a parking ticket, yet the
>county we live in refuses to allow him anymore time other than
>EOW and split holidays, my dh has done everything asked of him
>and they still say nope sorry. the courts have even gone as
>far as taking away time, cause "mom says child misses homework
>when hes at dads house" yet has never shown any proof.  We
>cant even get the courts to order his name be put on childs
>birth certificate!!!
>atty said we can go to hearing, but he said, the reality is
>that the courts are going to rule with mediator and it leaves
>us with little options.
>there are no attorneys in my area willing to challenge the
>judge (there is only one family law judge in my area)
>
>what options do we have?

Only thing you could do, court-wise, would be to suggest to the court that the child is being manipulated and ask for the child to have some counseling to try to determine whether this is true. You probably would get a yes from the court, assuming you want to pay for it.

The better option  is to simply have such a great time with your son whenever you're with him, that he wants to live with you. Once that happens, you will be on much firmer ground. Until it does, you'll probably keep getting beat.