Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 08:42:17 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Your thought on communication orders?

Started by DecentDad, Feb 09, 2007, 11:09:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DecentDad

Hi Soc,

I'm nearing the end of a parenting-with-no-conflict course that biomom and I were ordered to take on recommendation of minor's counsel.

The course follows a handbook with specific outlines on how to comunicate about what issues, how to interact in child's presence, what issues are private to the other home, etc.

It's great stuff (as was the prior course we took in 2005) if both parents are capable of modifying their behaviors and controlling their emotions.

If biomom were restrainted to following the course instructions, the communications would be far easier to dispose with either resolution or kick-back (e.g., I can just reply, "There is too much to digest in this, or this accusation is not helpful.  Please feel free to express this as outlined in our course.").

This is not just a my way vs her way decision.

It's requesting that we both follow what the COURSE INSTRUCTOR (a clinical psychologist with 20 years experience dealing in child custody matters) outlines is best in the materials.  The court already ordered us to essentially implement what this course teaches (by way of ordering us to attend).

We already have orders for email-only communication.

1.  Given that the judge ordered we take this course, do you think a judge would ever grant orders that parents "Are to communicate only via email in the manner instructed by the parenting-without-conflict course materials attached herein"?

And, what could possibly be the opposition to it?!

:)

Thanks

socrateaser

>1.  Given that the judge ordered we take this course, do you
>think a judge would ever grant orders that parents "Are to
>communicate only via email in the manner instructed by the
>parenting-without-conflict course materials attached herein"?

Maybe. But, trying to enforce this comprehensive set of rules would require the court to interpret them as if they were the law. You're never gonna get a contempt order because of the interpretive nature of the information conveyed in the course. Way too complex.

>And, what could possibly be the opposition to it?!

See above. Courts try to avoid having to closely monitor litigant compliance.