Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 18, 2024, 10:42:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

custody question

Started by Lucee, Feb 13, 2007, 10:48:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucee

mamacass suggested I talk to you. here is the situation. My sister divorced in Jan 2006. At the time she didn't have a lawyer and signed an agreement to joint custody of her daughter.  Her ex-husband is a drug dealer and has been under investigation for the past couple of years.  He had no contact with his daughter(she's 7) from Christmas 2005 until 3 days before their hearing in Dec. 2006(my sister has filed for full custody), he never set up any visitation.  He has no supported her financially or had anything to do with her at all. He also filed for full custody saying that we had hid her from him for the past year. This is a lie(sister and niece live with us) and since they were married for 8 years, he knew where they were and has our phone number.  My sister agreed to joint custody just to get her daughter out of the house. The exhusband used to beat my sister and my niece has witnessed this numerous times as well as him holding a gun to her head and threatening to kill her. The whole story is on the VA site under custody. When they went to court in Dec. 2006, the judge ordered visitation for the father and found my sister in contempt of court and said she would go to jail if she refused, she even has to let her go if she is sick. A GAL has been appointed for the child but refuses to speak to my sister or my niece. My sister now has a lawyer. We want to get my niece out of this house before she is killed in a bad drug deal. The  judge won't meet with us either. They go back to court in a couple of months. Who do we need to contact to get my niece out of this situation? Who can help us?

Lucee

mamacass suggested I talk to you. here is the situation. My sister divorced in Jan 2006. At the time she didn't have a lawyer and signed an agreement to joint custody of her daughter.  Her ex-husband is a drug dealer and has been under investigation for the past couple of years.  He had no contact with his daughter(she's 7) from Christmas 2005 until 3 days before their hearing in Dec. 2006(my sister has filed for full custody), he never set up any visitation.  He has no supported her financially or had anything to do with her at all. He also filed for full custody saying that we had hid her from him for the past year. This is a lie(sister and niece live with us) and since they were married for 8 years, he knew where they were and has our phone number.  My sister agreed to joint custody just to get her daughter out of the house. The exhusband used to beat my sister and my niece has witnessed this numerous times as well as him holding a gun to her head and threatening to kill her. The whole story is on the VA site under custody. When they went to court in Dec. 2006, the judge ordered visitation for the father and found my sister in contempt of court and said she would go to jail if she refused, she even has to let her go if she is sick. A GAL has been appointed for the child but refuses to speak to my sister or my niece. My sister now has a lawyer. We want to get my niece out of this house before she is killed in a bad drug deal. The  judge won't meet with us either. They go back to court in a couple of months. Who do we need to contact to get my niece out of this situation? Who can help us?

Lucee

Sorry! Can you tell me in the state of VA, who to notify to lodge a complaint against a judge?

socrateaser

>Sorry! Can you tell me in the state of VA, who to notify to
>lodge a complaint against a judge?

No. Call the court clerk for the VA State Supreme Court. They will know.