Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 10:25:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

child custody/child support

Started by renninneed, Feb 27, 2007, 07:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renninneed

I am seeking child support and child residential custody modification.  I was divorced in 2001 and no order for child support was set.  The father of my son has always taken care of everything monitary,clothes, school and health care.  The original court order was 50/50 custody, 50/50 decision making and residential/visitation 3.5 days equally.  The father has been traveling alot and has been out of state for business/pleasure during his parenting time.  This has effected my life financially hard. The father makes in/around $110,000.00 yr and I make $22,000 yr.  The father has also stated that he met a woman in another state during his business travel and would like to move to her state.  He also expressed that he wanted to have "our"son move with him.  In the original court order it is stated that no child can leave the state with out the other parents consent. I made it clear that I am not giving consent.   This has been an ongoing problem between us.  I filed papers with the court for child custody modification and I am asking the court to set an order for child support.  I recieved a phone call from his attorney today.  I cannot afford an attorney.  I asked his attorney what My Ex husband was asking for.  The attorney stated that he is willing to swear before the court that he is not moving out of state and wants 50/50 custody, 50/50 decision making and wants new parenting time changed.  Everything he is asking is almost the same except for new parenting time.  How do I supbeona his travel documents through his work? Can I ask the court for him to pay for an attorney for me due to the income difference? I am seeking full residential custody with 50/50 visitation.  I am asking this due to his high volume of travel for business/pleasure.  What am I up againsts due to the fact that he has an attorney and I dont.  What are my options.  I filed all the initial paper work with the courts. Do I need to seek legal counsel?