Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:53:19 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Contempt of Court

Started by Zephyr, Apr 11, 2007, 11:57:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zephyr

What is the name of your state? WI

Present order 50/50 placement of child, no CP named, joint legal custody.

I filed for remedial contempt of court in October, the contempt was set aside, but my request for a more clear order was granted, and we were ordered to mediation. At that court date the judge ordered ex to inform me of any and all medical dental etc appointments that he sets for the child- this was written into the record.

I find out today that ex has taken child to medical dr once, dentist twice and a counselor 3 times since this was written into the record.

Our case is still pending, mediation did not work, we have been assigned and both met with GAL.

I would like to file contempt for the 6 appointments I was not informed about.

Questions:

1. It was written into the record, but because the case is still pending and there is no specific order, is it still contempt?

2. Strategy-wise is filing contempt at this juncture good or bad for my case?

John-J-Jay

?
what is your goal when you state is it good or bad strategy wise to file a motion for contempt?

are you seeking custody? if so how long has custody been settled?

Zephyr

>?
>what is your goal when you state is it good or bad strategy
>wise to file a motion for contempt?

>
>are you seeking custody? if so how long has custody been
>settled?

well I certainly don't want to give the court and overall bad impression of me or my willingness to co-parent

- basically we are in court right now to determine a school district, and get a very clear parenting plan, I have not requested any change in actual physical or legal custody-

I do however want my ex to shape up and start acting in our daughters best interests, he basically acts as if I am not her parent and he rules the world- which usually I ignore- but now for her to be in counseling without my knowledge...

John-J-Jay

you deserve the right to be informed on any counseling and any changes that takes place with your child, it appears that your ex is just trying to play on your mind.

Trust me i know this from great experiene and i'm the CP of a 10 yr old girl whom i've had custody of for 8 years and now that i'm asking for child support she's throwing up enforcement threats that are false, however we have a court date set on this issue soon and i have all the evidence and documentation to prove she has lied in her motion and has rec'd all the information she was entitled to get. do you have a method where we can communicate other than on here because i'm in the same boat as you.

Zephyr

I just sent you a private message

John-J-Jay

i replied let me know if you don't get it.

Zephyr

well now this IS embarassing...I have no idea how to check my pm's LOL

Zephyr

On another site I was told to file this with the court, but not as a contempt

does anyone have any idea what that means?