Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 09:45:42 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Medicaid Fraud

Started by wallyworld, Jun 10, 2007, 07:41:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wallyworld

I have custody.  My child support FINALLY stopped!  YEAHH!  My daughter flew approx.  one week ago for her summer visit to her mom.  Although, she is staying with gparents, not mom, about 6 hours from mom.  maternal gma set up dental exam for me in FL (im in IL) as when daughter comes back it will be approx 2 days before school resumes.  Well, I sent my insurance info and gma said.  No need for it as ex has MEDICAID for everyone!  Ummmm..... Ive carried insuarce on daughter for the 10 years she's been alive!  She used to use it (like 5 years ago) but then stopped.   I obviously use my insuarance when she's with me.  THe other thing is I don't even see HOW my ex is eligible for medicaid for the whole family.  She's married to a pilot who makes 60000!!!!  CAn i be held responsible for her using medicaid on my daughter?????? what should I do.  SHe knowingly lied to get benefits.  This makes me so mad.  I have like thousands of dollars of debt to medical providers and I pay them.  Then people liek her get a free ride when the shoudln't!!!

HelpingHands

It sounds like she is commiting welfare fraud. She has to disclose who is living in the home and all income. She is also collecting welfare for a child that doesn't live in her home. She can't do that.

You can anonymously report her to the fraud hotline. Do you have proof you have provided HER with the insurance information throughout the years? I ask, because if you can prove that you gave her the info, she can not go in saying she didn't have insurance info from you and it was necessary for her to go through the govt to get the child insured. Following me?

Will you have to pay it back? That's something the state's attornies will have to decide upon. If YOU bring it to their attention, I would suspect they won't ask for recovery from you- but that's a chance you take.

Point is, she took it upon herself to get medicaid for persons that are not eligible. How, is beyond me- usually they ask for school information to verify they are in school, etc. Besides the fact she is collecting for persons with an income.

Wow.