Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Apr 24, 2024, 10:46:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

how do I amend a petition

Started by jenjen, Jun 16, 2007, 12:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jenjen

I am finally getting the hearing I so desperatly tryed to schedule but, but, now I need to amended some parts of it.

1. when filing an amended petition does it have to be completely redone or can I just amend the sections that need to be amended?

MixedBag

maybe even verbally in court?

not an attorney, and usually that answer lies within the family court procedure rules of your state.

FLMom

I think you can file a supplemental petition. I also seem to remember that you have to file it so that there's a certain amount of time. The supplemental part has to also be filed and served upon the other party. If the hearing coming up is in, say, ten days from now, you'd probably have to hold on until the hearing. If you've got six weeks or more until the hearing, you should be able to file now so that it's served in time.

Probably your best bet would be to go to your local county family court office or family court library. There are protocols that are different to every court and/or state, so this may be a good starting point to see what the local rules are.

Good Luck!
FLMom