Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 03:08:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Child Support in Florida - FIrst District - Fourth Circuit

Started by gollymolly, Aug 15, 2007, 08:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gollymolly

I am wondering if in the First District (Fourth Circuit) in a 50/50 rotating custody agreement if child support is due to the 'secondary' party....
is child support mandatory or discretionary by the court(judge)?

mistoffolees

I can't tell you about your district, but in my district and several others that I know about, you can end up paying (or receiving) support even with a 50:50 custody arrangement if the salaries are different enough.

gollymolly

yes i know...
in some districts it is mandatory, but in others it is discretionary.
however, i cannot find corresponding statutes or case law that tells me  which it is for the first district.

i have a situation where the other parent is pushing us to trial in dual modification, we are very willing to settle leaving everything as is and incorporating a parenting coordinator and we would give up any child support that is due us... however, the other parent wants custody.

so i want to be sure that if the other parent insists on us spending all this money to end up with exactly the same thing we have (which is what will probably happen with this judge), then i want him to feel the blow.

i don't really care to have the child support money... but i could at least place it in a savings account for college.