Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:07:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Anyone had this happen?

Started by greatdad, Oct 24, 2007, 05:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatdad

STBX's atty told mine today that she is probably going to withdraw as counsel.Final D set for next month. STBX has been sanctioned for not complying with discovery and properly supplementing interrogatorys ( 2 motions to comply were done before sanction).Sanction stops STBX from using anything new or not addressed as evidence and my atty fee's ( yet to be set or argued)are to be paid for cost of motions. STBX's atty has not responded to last several letters from mine and STBX has cancelled visits for last 2 months straight. STBX quit job to stall off paying CS ( not a dime in a year).STBX's atty has refused to respond to 3 requests to hold settlement conference. I have Pendente sole legal & physical custody, have for over a year.
Question's  are:
Has anyone had opposing counsel withdraw this close to final ?
Judge can not grant it, but will they?
If atty quits, how will that impact me- positive and /or negative ?

MixedBag

EX#3 and his EX.....

His EX's attorney quit during the appeals process and the motion was granted.

And after that things went real squirrely.

But the end result was that EX#3 did not get everything he wanted in his appeal -- only some of it and the biggest issue was remanded back to the local court.

I'd expect a delay for the final hearing IF she retains another attorney.  

EX#3's judge was mom friendly.....so hardly anything ever went the way it was supposd to.

EX#2's attorney quit on him or EX fired him and hired someone else.  Had no impact on what was going on.

Don't know nothing for sure -- this is court.

mistoffolees

I don't know the answers to your questions, but don't take your eyes off the ball.

You really don't care (or shouldn't care) about what happens to STBX. What matters is that the kid(s) are taken care of. Unless there's something really squirrelly going on, STBX's behavior will reflect poorly on her when it comes time for the judge to rule. No matter what happens wrt to the specific issue you raise, stbx will be looking bad from this.

If STBX doesn't pay support, turn it over for collection. CSE may 'offer' to rescind her driver's license, withhold tax refunds, etc and that may get her attention.