Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 05:42:09 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Will's Kitten

Started by hisliltulip, Dec 01, 2004, 09:58:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hisliltulip

Please let us know how today went, I know we are all waiting and wondering...

Prayers are with you!

catherine

kitten

Trial has been continued today.  Yesterday started out bad, but ended good!  Judge stated that the court now understands that both parents are good parents.  Also threw out all contempt charges against Will.  
Today will be hard, they will each have witnesses there.  Former friends, neighbors etc.  PBFH got caught lying yesterday too, hope he can persue that today.  

The not so good news is that she has always been by defenition the Primary caretaker and Will feels that the court will want to maintain that despite the move.  Just the feeling he's getting from the judge.  

Opposing councel questioned him about why we are not married and are we engaged?  She tried to say he lied on Dr.Phil.  Judge got a little irritated that she was pulling that goofy stunt and put a stop to it.  

I'll know tonight the outcome and will let you all know ASAP.

Genie

one point to make though - the not being married and living together may end up being a major thing too.  Sometimes that is considered not to be the ideal situation for the children to be living in. Many divorces have moral's clauses that state this. They could try to make this an issue depending on the outcome and use that as a way for her to retain custody.

Or they could try to say he shouldn't have overnight visitation b/c of the living situation.  

Things to think about. Depends on how much of a big deal they want to make of that and use it for. I'm just stating this b/c they brought it up right away.

joni

since you're in the court house anyway, why not run downstairs and get married just to shut them up???

kitten

LOL!  Our relationship means more to us than a Justice of the Peace.

joni

Yes I know, but sometimes you gotta give in.  Hubbie and I were together 3 years before we got married.  His Ex refused to have the child come to our house because we were living together.  And the court supported this.  Thanks FOC!  See post on Michigan Santa's to learn more about the FOC.

hisliltulip

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I know this is hard right now, try to stay positive.

That the judge knows that both parents are capable is a good thing.

Hang in there and keep us informed!

Prayers to you and yours!

hisliltulip

Genie

hopefully somewhat good.  Please let us know.