Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 29, 2024, 07:23:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Update on post below.... 'how to help my son'

Started by IceMountain, May 27, 2004, 11:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceMountain

Well, I decided to give myself some time to calm down about the whole situation and I called my son's counselor today.

Well... guess what???  My ex is so full of crap!!!

According to my son's counselor, there are "not many concerns".  She seemed surprised that I was even calling.  I told her that my ex had given me the list of things to try with him to calm him down.  She told me that the list was intended for my ex and should not have been given to me.  She also said that while he is with me this summer, the roles will be reversed and I can try the same tactics at that time.

So, now I'm just ticked.  My ex told me all this crap just to make me crazy.  I'm so mad.  She wanted to make me feel like a bad father, and dammit I let her!!  

I still have some serious concerns about what she is doing to him emotionally, and I will do what I can to help him.

I seriously think she has munchausen disease.  My son grew up the first year of his life not going more than 2 weeks without being at the doctor.  Then it slowed to about a month.  When he was 3 she had another child.  Same scenario.  My son isn't at the doctor as much now, but her daughter is still at the 2 week scenario.  And it's always because they are 'really, really sick'.  She's nuts.  She's not happy unless she's got one of them at the doctor... or in this case the counselor.    

I'm so frustrated.  Thanks for letting me vent!

MyAngels4

This sounds like my hubby's ex. My Sd (7) is always being taken in for something. Granted she does have some special needs, but the trip to the ER for Gas, was just too much. Some of the counseling appointments his ex has taken her to are for stupid reasons also, but I wont post those as who knows if she is reading this forum. I hear it is really hard to prove Munchausen's, but when we have described his ex's behavior, a social worker said it sure sounds like Munchausen's, and we didnt even know what it was then.

Good Luck,
MyAngels4

>I seriously think she has munchausen disease.  My son grew up
>the first year of his life not going more than 2 weeks without
>being at the doctor.  Then it slowed to about a month.  When
>he was 3 she had another child.  Same scenario.  My son isn't
>at the doctor as much now, but her daughter is still at the 2
>week scenario.  And it's always because they are 'really,
>really sick'.  She's nuts.  She's not happy unless she's got
>one of them at the doctor... or in this case the counselor.  

nosonew

My ss's mom has taken him to ER or doctors for everything as well.  He has even gone to ER for mosquito bites!  Yep, she said she counted them after he was at our home for a visit (a Labor Day camping weekend 5 years ago) and since he had more than 20, she wanted him checked out!  He refused to let us put bug spray on him, so he suffered the consequences!  Oh my!  *Note: he always asks for bug spray now...as he learned his lesson.  

I understand your frustration, however, we can't control what they do in their homes.