Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 02:16:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Am I evil???

Started by allajody, Jul 05, 2006, 07:19:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allajody

I am a sm and nm.  I am on both sides. My dh is supposed to have children eow during summer.  ex has signed dss up for summer school and dsd doesn't wan't to leav dss alone.  we had planned a family trip for the week we were suppose to have them.  Am I wrong to be angry at dh and his ex? dh for not standing up to his ex?  then ex for getting her way in not letting kids see us via "summer school".  dsd doesn't want brother to be sad if she comes to visit (ages 8 & 10).  I guess I am just sad and angry we  could have easily have helped dss in subject as I excelled in subject and so did dh.  This is hurting kids, dh and myself?  any suggestions?

MixedBag

no, you're not evil.

Just do your best to support the situation to give him strength to see it through.

10 years old is a bit young for summer school.

Actually, let's stick to one thread about answering questions.

olanna

My youngest son has been in summer school since he started school! This wasn't to keep him from his Dad but because he struggles in school.

My honey's ex put his oldest son in a tutoring course called Scores that cost about $180 a month...but refused to allow him to attend summer school because it interfered with her Hawiian vacation.

She's a real piece of work.

allajody

Thank you mixed bag

I try to support our family as well as I can.  I too am a custodial mother.  I guess my feelings of anger come from not understanding my schildren's mother.  I push my children's dad to see them he just doesn't seem to have the time, but for my kids sake I make sure he finds the time.  

I am a mother to 7 children bm to 5 sm to 2.  Happily married but trying to understand.  Thank you for your words in both threads.

Just going through gambit of change.  

BelleMere

Of course you are angry. But it's a very difficult situation - been there, done that. One thing to remember is that the kids are still too young to consider that their mother might be manipulating them - they can't really question the primary caregiver's motivations until they are 11/12. Things might be different then - I would think that DSDs motivation for staying is very real - son might be sad.

It is true that it's hard to take a week off summer school. I would say that the best you could hope for is a make up week later on, and no family trip with them.