Welcome to SPARC Forums. Please login or sign up.

Mar 28, 2024, 11:22:41 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Welcome to the ''Moms Without Custody'' board!

Started by SPARC Admin, Jul 15, 2004, 02:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Jen

Thanks for all of your warm welcomes.  I'm looking forward to facilitating and participating on this message board with you.  Please read my longer introduction in my Admin posted message at the top of the board.

Loving and living,
Jennifer

Jennifer Isham, LCPC, CS, GM
Email: [email protected]
//www.momswithoutcustody.com

"The way you manage your absence in your child's life is as influential to them as how you manage your presence."

kiddosmom

Momma

Has anyone here experienced continued attempts at sabatoge and extensive investigations through the court system without basis?   Child's father has made multiple false complaints to Child Welfare Services, the court, Family mediator, GAL and so on.   All reports have agreed my child is happy and taken care of but child's father will not stop.    Am now undergoing months long evluation from psychologist with continued allegations.   First the accusations were neglect and abuse, when disproven they changed to mental instability etc.   Is there no end to this?   Is there any limit where the courts or representatives say enough is enough?   I am seriously concerned about the impact upon our child at this point.   Based on behavior in recent months it seems child's father is questioning child ongoing and stating negative things about my life, regardless that they are untrue.      
Any advice or insight is appreciated.
~ Good Mom under fire

Dr. Jen

Believe it or not, the phenomena of noncustodial mothers has been around for decades.  It is just more prevalent and on the surface than in years past.

Loving and living,

Jennifer

"Children learn more from your actions than your words."

Birdie

Just wanted to say hi to everyone.  I am new to this group, and actually to SPARC.  A wonderful friend on another NCM site gave me the address.  I have been a NCM for 3 years now.  The last two my ex husband has denied my visitation.  In July of last year I had my case moved for GA (where I live) to TN (Where my ex and my children live).  Since that time I have had my visitation reinstated, as well as additional time with my daughter.

My children are (7) Daughter, (12) Son, I have two step children two girls (10) and (13).

My step children are a true joy!  They call me there other MOM, when someone asks.  I also have an extremely good relationship with there mother.  In fact I guess you could say that we are pretty much best friends.  The weekends when I have my children, She and I get together and take all four of them out to do things.  It was VERY hard to start with but now things are wonderful.  She has even testified for me in the original custody suit, and is testifing again for me.

I have filed a petition for custody of my daughter (7) because she has told me under no uncertian terms that she wants to live with me.  My son is 12 and can make his own decision, he says he wants to live with his dad.  I am trying very hard to respect his wishes, as bad as I feel about them.

Mine is a long ugly twisted story that I will be glad to share.  I am so glad to be here.  We can never get enough love and support from people who can honestly say "I know how you feel".  Because anyone can say it, unless you have been there done that, there's know way they could know.

Birdie

TGB

These tactics are quite common and practiced by both men and women. See "Tips for Getting Started" at [a href=http://www.deltabravo.net/news/10-19-2000.htm]http://www.deltabravo.net/news/10-19-2000.htm[/a].

Birdie

Yes I have experienced the same things.  Along with my ex however is my biological father.  Who never even acknowledged my sister or myself after the divorce of my parents.  He would only communicate with us very little while we were children.  I remember night after night we would sit on the poarch waiting for him and he never showed up.

Between my ex and my bio there have been accusations of physical abuse to CPS, they were unfounded but CPS was investigating during our Custody Trial, and of course it was enough for them to win.

Then a few months later, Sexual Abuse, also unfounded.  In fact the CPS never even contacted us.  I have made several calls to CPS to GA and TN, and my calls haven't even been returned.  My attorney got the paperwork for CPS and it says that the caller (Dr she say) gave the CPS worker the impression that the child had been prompted.  Which I guess answers why we were never contacted.

So far for me it hasn't stopped.  It probably never will.  I can't give you advice on what to do, since I don't know myself.  But I am here if you need to chat.

Birdie

Birdie

Thank you for the welcome, I have made lifetime friends another NCM's site.  I can't wait to get to know everyone here.   I never thought that I would find so many other women in the same situation as me.  I hate that there are so many, but I find great confort in sharing, and listening.

Birdie

Dr. Jen

Welcome Birdie.  We're glad to have you join us.   Your input will be a welcome addition to our board!

Loving and living,

Jennifer